• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jeep Cherokee XJ

Fatal_Bert

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
They/them forklift certified
179   0
Reaction score
Who loves them? Who wants to share what you've done to yours? I'm hoping there's enough ODT members willing to share their trials and tribulations on tricking out these **** boxes so I don't need to join one of the jeep forums to get my fix.

Just bought this 98 **** box. Needs a lot of work but it's pretty solid. Looking for ideas and motivation to lift her up a little and do redneck stuff.

Thor likes it.

IMG_20210225_175728896_MP.jpg

First do all the normal maintenance, all fluids, check hoses, spark plugs etc. A lot of people it seems never changes brake fluid or antifreeze which blows my mind.

I would do no more than a 3" inch life and 31 or 32" tires.

Good luck with your project, their lots of fun.

First do all the normal maintenance, all fluids, check hoses, spark plugs etc. A lot of people it seems never changes brake fluid or antifreeze which blows my mind.

I would do no more than a 3" inch life and 31 or 32" tires.

Good luck with your project, their lots of fun.
Yeah, three inches is the max I wanna do. I'd be happy to not lift it at all and just replace the coils and leafs with factory height springs to get rid of the sag, but shopping around it looks like buying a 3" kit is much cheaper than OEM height springs.

I've also added lockers, swapped the rear to a chrysler 8.25 with 29 spline axles. I reageared to 4.88s. I only paid 525$ for mine originally and its been a slow project over the last two years.

Here's mine, lifted 4.5 inches on 33x12.50x15sView attachment 3134465
That's a nice rig man! I'll probably end up buying another to build for more serious trail riding like yours. The more I'm looking into these XJ's I'm feeling an addiction coming on. Everything I'm reading they seem super easy to work on and parts are cheap and everywhere. Kinda the opposite of the gun hobby right now.

My main goal for this one is to be a semi daily driver and something that can get my little boat and trailer in and out of these mud filled boat ramps around here on the flint river.

That's a nice rig man! I'll probably end up buying another to build for more serious trail riding like yours. The more I'm looking into these XJ's I'm feeling an addiction coming on. Everything I'm reading they seem super easy to work on and parts are cheap and everywhere. Kinda the opposite of the gun hobby right now.

My main goal for this one is to be a semi daily driver and something that can get my little boat and trailer in and out of these mud filled boat ramps around here on the flint river.
They are definitely another addictive hobby, I bounce back and forth. I'll work on the jeep and focus on. It for awhile and then take a break and focus on firearms for a while. You'll catch alot of your after market jeep goodies on sale around holiday's too, that when I picked up alot of.my parts.

3in lift. Cut the fenders. Whatever size tire you can squeeze under it(super swampers are good for redneck stuff). Weld the spiders in the rear and go partake in said redneck stuff. Upgrade whatever breaks or wears out. They are actually very capable with little expense

Back
Top Bottom