• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

JEEP FIRE PIT for Warriors for Wesley (cancer fundraiser)

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Full disclosure: I won this pit in the raffle that was held Sunday. Auction will run until this weekend. All money raised will go directly to Mr Thompson in his battle with cancer and it's treatment.

Jeep Fire pit: approx. 2' wide by 3' deep. No box, but doesn't appear to have ever been used.

I do have this cross promoted so highest offer/bidder will get it.

Come on ODT, open up those wallets and give big.

Similar fire pits are listed on Ebay for $200+

IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG

Wesley Thompson, 61 was diagnosed with stage 2 B Cell Lymphoma in October of this year. The Doctors found a mass in his chest that was pressing on his lungs and airway making it very hard to breathe. On Nov 1st he underwent surgery to take a biopsy of the mass and to put in a chemo port. The mass cannot be removed, so the only resource is chemo and radiation.
Wesley and his wife Sandy have been married for 30 years and have 2 grown sons. Ty Thompson who is a Patrol Deputy with the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office and Zack Thompson who is employed with R.E Michael here in Newnan. Wesley works for Interface Flooring in West Point, Ga and Sandy is a teacher at Western Elementary.
Wesley is on leave from work and Sandy has to take a lot of time off work to be with him during Doctors’ Appointments and Chemo. There are so many hidden cost of a family member having a serious illness, like gas to and from the Doctors and hospitals, eating out a lot or missing out on overtime pay.

Just talked to Ty, Mr Thompson son, and found out that this pit was custom made by someone to donate to the raffle. Hence the reason I couldn't find one exactly like it on Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom