• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jeep TJ

I wouldn’t stress too much about the Dana 35 unless you plan on doing a lot of wheeling or plan to put larger than a 33” tire on it. If it’s just trail riding and beach going you really shouldn’t have to worry about breaking anything unless you have a real heavy foot.
100% for sunday top off rides. Not really looking for hardcore anything. 33-35 tires will be fine for me. My jk had 33’s and it was fine. Except the 3.21 gears, that was no good.

Be careful for fake rubi's. The tcase should have a tag that says 241or or 4:1. And verify axles to make sure they weren't swapped.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Another good reason to just get under and check it for yourself.
100% for sunday top off rides. Not really looking for hardcore anything. 33-35 tires will be fine for me. My jk had 33’s and it was fine. Except the 3.21 gears, that was no good.
An auto Sahara will have 3.73 gears standard, so it’ll feel plenty “peppy” with some 33’s. Should only have to lift about 2-2.5 inches for them to fit. Mine had 31’s before I did a lift, and they didn’t scrub even at full lock.

Light trail riding.. lol.

I’ve broken a Dana 35 on the road popping a curb. My buddy broke a Dana 35 with a 4cyl YJ cutting donuts in a grass field. Dana 35 are straight up junk.

There is no reason to buy a TJ that isn’t a rubicon.

D35 can break just like every other part on a Jeep.

My Tcase is modded to allow 2wd-low, puts max torque on the rear. Been running like thst for 7 years and zero problems from my D35.

Some users could break a sledge hammer, it is all in how YOU use your equipment.

If I broke a sledgehammer I’d buy a stronger one. Also, I would recommend people looking for a sledgehammer to get the stronger one to start (;

That is one approach to longevity of equipment. Not mine, however.

Kinda like the folks that think the VNE markings on the airspeed indicator is a suggestion.

I know JDG. JDG. didn’t say anything about beating on it or abusing it. However, the rubicon is still the TJ to get. Jeeps will give you the itch and you’ll be glad you already have the goodies. You’ll also be glad when you go to sell it one day.

I know JDG. JDG. didn’t say anything about beating on it or abusing it. However, the rubicon is still the TJ to get. Jeeps will give you the itch and you’ll be glad you already have the goodies. You’ll also be glad when you go to sell it one day.
Yeah I had a jk Sahara but it was lacking many options I was looking for, especially the gearing. i learned from that one.

Back
Top Bottom