• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

JEEP Wrangler regear?

Glock 21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   2
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2008 Wrangler JK that has 3.73 gears im wanting replaced to 5.13. Anyone know approximate cost and reputable shop to do the work?

Had it done at Southern Offroad about 6 years ago. I think I paid $2100 with a rear trutrac - about $1600 for the gearing alone. You doing some crawling with that 5.13?

What size tires? I went with a Eaton locker and new install kit( new bearings etc). Ran closer to 3 grand. Don't skimp on the install kit. Off road shop south of Zebulon did mine. Many more options on the north side. Get on the Jeep forum and look

Truckfest at cobb galleria this weekend. Always killer deals there. I would do 4.88s personally. Not much difference numerically but stronger. You lose alot of gear contact with 5.13s and numerically higher ratios. The pinion gets to small

What size tires? I went with a Eaton locker and new install kit( new bearings etc). Ran closer to 3 grand. Don't skimp on the install kit. Off road shop south of Zebulon did mine. Many more options on the north side. Get on the Jeep forum and look

Running 35s now but going to be getting 37's when these are toast

Truckfest at cobb galleria this weekend. Always killer deals there. I would do 4.88s personally. Not much difference numerically but stronger. You lose alot of gear contact with 5.13s and numerically higher ratios. The pinion gets to small

Planning to check out the Jeep fest Sunday for sure :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom