• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jekyll island area fishing

Kalashnikov

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
111   0
Reaction score
Hello all, I am going down to Jekyll after the kids go back to school for some quiet r&r. I have already had my fill of shark fishing, I will be fishing for delicious this time around anyone got any suggestions? I don't have a boat, mud and bugs don't scare me. If you live down there and want to let me in on some spots you have had good luck I will happily let you in on my good luck spots around the Chattahoochee and Lanier when you come up to the mountians.

I saw folks pulling in a number of fish from the large pier on the north side of the island last time we were there.

Fished the pier, looking for a spot less traveled. Flounder was pretty good around the shore at the pier but also so heavily fished it wasn't what I am looking for. Spent more time picking up garbage than catching anything worth while there.

You can try by the boat ramp near the marina. There are flat areas to the left of the ramp. You can also go by trail to the shell beach further to the left. There are flounder in those areas. Get a minnow trap and set it in the creek down the road from the putt putt course. Use Vienna sausage in the trap. There are always lots of mud minnows. Those are like candy to flounder. Do a Carolina rig and slowly bump the mud minnow across the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom