• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jerky

I use to do deer a lot. Used Worcestershire, black pepper, little bit crushed red pepper, garlic. I never measure anything just eyeball it. Let it marinate overnight then put in dehydrator. Can't remember how long

I use to do deer a lot. Used Worcestershire, black pepper, little bit crushed red pepper, garlic. I never measure anything just eyeball it. Let it marinate overnight then put in dehydrator. Can't remember how long
Same for me but I added ketchup, brown sugar, and a little liquid smoke to the same recipe as yours

Is it legal to purchase it from people?

Not really.

Some processors make it, and you can pay the "processing fee" and pick it up. Matter of calling around. Most processors have a list, and it's very late in the season.

You might have a better chance picking up a whole deer from a processor, and doing the jerky yourself. it not that hard to make it in an oven. Takes some time and attention.

I made an opossum jerky once, when I shot it with birdshot from a .410.
It jerked and bounced around quite a bit.
My deer aren't jerky. They usually either bang-flop or trot off and then lay down to bleed out.

Once again the ODT amazes me. I was just going to post about doing jerky, my son got a dehydrator for Christmas, and was going to find some recipes for him. He does a lot of smoking and BBQ, he got a komodo cooker for Christmas too.

Back
Top Bottom