• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jet ski fishing

This is why it's a good idea to have a buddy to fish with you.
1997 my cousin and his friend saw a bass boat 12 miles out in the ocean off of Gulf Shores with the bow pointing up into the sky. 2 guys were holding on. The guys had used all 8 flairs and shot their 357. It was by chance they saw them.
The boat surprised them how easy it was pulled upright.
One of the men didn't speak. He had the 10,000 yard stair. The other guy wouldn't shut up. He asked my cousin if he wanted to buy his boat.
My cousin said this is not a ocean boat. It's for inland fishing. It was worth 30k but my cousin said 10k was all he had. He said call me tomorrow if you still want to sell. The guy didn't sell. Anyway when they saw the guys they called the coast guard.
The coast guard followed them in until they could see land and took the guys on their boat. He said it had something to do with salvage law. If you are out of sight of land and your boat needs help the captain helping can buy the boat as salvage. But he is not sure about that sea law.
They had no intrest in taking advantage. The guys were lucky that my cousin decided to fish that day. There was a dozen reasons not to fish that day. But one reason to fish and that trumped the negatives.

Back
Top Bottom