• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Job wanted...

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
My wife is looking for something that will pay a little more than she makes now. The childcare costs of her current employer have made it so that she is bringing home $3/hour after we figure in taxes. We can't complain, she is blessed to have the job in the first place.

Something where she could work from home or bring our baby in with her is really what she needs. She is bilingual and had a strong background in childcare. She'll finish up her degree in spring of 2018.

Please let me know if you see anything out there!

Have you considered caring for someone else's child at your home(under radar, no licenses)? Some people pay very good money for quality care.

My wife recently told me someone she knows gets about $400/week tax-free. It's cheaper for the person paying, than commercial care, and their kids aren't exposed to the hordes of coughing, snot-nosed, rug-rats.

Hmm... No I hadn't thought of that.
Yeah I paid $100.00 a week to a lady in Brunswick to keep our 9 year old when I worked at the port. If you have the space at your house I would suggest she keep a couple of kids during the week. Older home school kids like ours would be your best bet.

How's your baby girl doing?

She's doing good! They called us yesterday and scheduled surgery #2 for early June! We're not looking forward to her having to go through it, but on the other hand we are looking forward to her being one step closer to her being through it all.

Back
Top Bottom