• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jobsite Box Ammo Storage

imaybail

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
11   0
Reaction score
CEE25635-2CA4-4965-93FD-8B14E09D4E7B.jpeg

Im working on an idea for ammo storage in a jobsite type box or chest like this one. I’ve been storing in an upright chest type cabinet, but it’s not readily moved and was also thinking of a bug out scenario. Some thoughtful trays and other organizing ideas would make this more user friendly and it can always accommodate firearms as well.
All ideas or concerns welcome, GO!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-48-in-x-24-in-Universal-Storage-Chest-48R-OS/300748574

If you use the box in the picture,why not a Ferris wheel design with say 4 shelfs that hold 4 or 5 long guns (longways and removeable). Fixed Storage shelf above for handguns,and stuff

I have one of those at the farm, it is used as you describe and with backup security for some 10/22's.

Mine came with a tray that runs full length, and covers half the opening front to back. Access to the bottom without removing the tray.

Has an electrical cord inside, you can run a goldenrod.

One thing I had always heard was not to store ammo or powder in a metal container with a decent seal. If you ever have a fire and they cook off, it's pretty harmless, unless it's in something that can build up pressure and become a bomb...

Back
Top Bottom