• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

John’s Montain Shooting Range

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
thinking about making the long trek up to Johns Mountain shooting range. Anyone been there recently? How are the crowds there? Is there a good time and day to go that is less crowded than others?

Seems like a lot of rules at Creekside :

• Creekside is a COLD RANGE. This means no loaded firearms of any type may be carried around the range. Absolutely no loaded firearms accept the ones on the firing line. If you're currently carrying a loaded firearm, please take it back to your car.

• Absolutely no pistols are allowed on the 50 or 100 yard range. This means in a bag or on the shooters body. All pistols must be kept in the car when on the rifle range.

Hmmm. So I can’t have my handgun holstered on my hip when at the rifle range?

Seems like a lot of rules at Creekside :

• Creekside is a COLD RANGE. This means no loaded firearms of any type may be carried around the range. Absolutely no loaded firearms accept the ones on the firing line. If you're currently carrying a loaded firearm, please take it back to your car.

• Absolutely no pistols are allowed on the 50 or 100 yard range. This means in a bag or on the shooters body. All pistols must be kept in the car when on the rifle range.

Hmmm. So I can’t have my handgun holstered on my hip when at the rifle range?
Technically no, but I would just leave it loaded, holstered, and hidden lol. It's not like they are going to search you for pistols right?

Back
Top Bottom