• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jumping 75th Anniversary into Normandy

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm one of the 300 or so paratroopers who will be jumping into Normandy for the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion this coming June. We're all jumping in period uniforms, out of the original C-47s that made the cross-channel mission. I'm needing to pick up a uniform complete with helmet and boots for this, as I can't wear my current issue uniform.
Does anyone here happen to have any uniform items that I can purchase? Must be WW2 US paratrooper, either 101st Airborne or 82nd Airborne (would prefer 82nd).
Thanks in advance!

If you're interested in the event, go to www.daksovernormandy.com for info.

Good for you!

Post pics of your uniform and the jump!

I think I have a period-correct cartridge belt but need to double check that. You're welcome to borrow it!

It may or may not say "Johns Creek Soap" on the side of it...:p

Good luck.

Untitled-118.jpg

Dang, sounds like a blast!
I miss those static jumps!

Just remember to execute a dynamite PLF :)

I'll be heading down to Dunnellon FL this weekend to make a couple of currency SL jumps, will be jumping the Placid Lassie and the Tico Belle, both D-Day veterans. Many of the guys from the WW2 Airborne Demonstration Team will be there, I'll be sure to ask them for a line on some uniform items. I've looked into At The Front, but they're pricey, especially for the helmet and boots. Was hoping to find something a little more economical.
Whiskerz: Is there anything you would like me to take and jump with? Something of sentiment to you? I'd be honored to pay tribute to your Dad...

Not much on the sentiment department, I make my own history. You are right, Cochran jump boots are pricey. I would sell you my boots with 22 years of LALO jumps. They are size 10.5, I like them fine but I am trying to raise $ for a Remington 81. Shipped to you, $100.00. Best of luck jumper gathering the gear you need. Oscar Ramer USMC (Retired)
Could you shoot over a picture of the boots?

Back
Top Bottom