• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury clears man charged with making illegal silencers

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
images_memes_com_meme_171483_.jpg

How about those ATF agents being arrested for their abuse of power and our Constitution???

Below is what frustrates me. All I read from that is "If we, the ATF, feel like making your life difficult, we can and will".

"See’s legal team argued that the ATF did not test fire the seized items and did not conduct additional machining needed to create functional suppressors from the parts. They further questioned the government’s expert witness’s ability to ascertain just what a suppressor was as he did not come from a manufacturing background.

David J. Betras, See’s attorney, told Guns.com the 11 members of the ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch have a lot of leeway in how they decide a firearm complies with federal law.

“There’s no book they go to, there is no peer review, if they look at it and they determine it’s either a suppressor or a part of a firearm suppressor that’s the determination. They have given 11 people a lot of power,” said Betras, pointing out that his expert witness, Steve Howard, testified that See’s devices were very effective muzzle brakes — reducing recoil significantly — but had no machining present to attach a tube to convert them to a suppressor."

If I'm ever selected to sit on a jury where ATF is involved we are going to sit there until Hell freezes over before we convict on any charge.
Yep, same with me. I imagine a bunch of people feel the same way, but I'm sure they have a whole list of questions they ask during selection in order to weed people like us out of the jury.

The bad part is we loose either way. We get stuck paying for the ATF to spend time on this as well as being on the hook for his legal fees. When do we get to choose how our tax dollars are spent. We have a huge federal debt and are leaking money in all directions. We need to cut the federal work force by 50% and only leave in place functioning and necessary departments. Flat tax and reduce the IRS to a non-threatening tool for the government, with a greatly reduced work force.

Back
Top Bottom