• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury clears man charged with making illegal silencers

IMG_4855.PNG
I don't think this is a victory for freedom so much as it was the US attorney's office didn't do a good job of explaining our confusing federal silencer laws to the jury.

This guy, who's already been convicted of making it illegal unregistered silencers in the past, tried to evade the law on a technicality by building a silencer monocore and selling it without the cover/ tube.

I think he was guilty, but the jury didn't understand the law well enough so they defaulted to the position of "if the government doesn't prove its case we must acquit."

View attachment 1074705 I don't think this is a victory for freedom so much as it was the US attorney's office didn't do a good job of explaining our confusing federal silencer laws to the jury.

This guy, who's already been convicted of making it illegal unregistered silencers in the past, tried to evade the law on a technicality by building a silencer monocore and selling it without the cover/ tube.

I think he was guilty, but the jury didn't understand the law well enough so they defaulted to the position of "if the government doesn't prove its case we must acquit."

It is legal for me to assemble a silencer once approved. And to do that, I need to have parts. I can't assemble parts (such as drilling holes in freeze plugs), and I can't possess parts unless they are considered dual use.

This is a case of the ATF overstepping their authority as has been the case so many times before ie. the arm brace, 41F, build parties, etc., etc., etc., Never mind the complete Unconstitutionality of NFA itself.

So yes this is a victory for freedom. And for the record - any jury I sit on that involves Unconstitutional 2A charges, I will judge both the FACTS and the law of the case.

Back
Top Bottom