• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury Duty

Just do it! Of course I’ve never been called in Georgia, only once in Fla, and the one panel I was called for, one of the lawyers didn’t like the fact I was a manager. Since it was some jerk trying to sue his employer

In open court, you bet.
Well that's the point of mentioning it during jury selection, so you won't ever see open court.

I've been called in twice and actually wouldn't mind serving on a jury but both times they selected a jury before even getting to me. I'd love nothing more than to be on case involving drug possession or some other victimless crime. Id probably blow the other jurors mind or drive them insane :lol:

Well sounds like a plan, after you pay your fine, and come back on the next date the judge specially selects for you.

FWIW, jury selection is carried on in "open court."

I'm not talking about shouting out "jury nullification!" While the judge is talking.
Just throw it in when you're being questioned, like when they ask if there is any reason you can think of why you couldn't judge the case fairly, you could raise your hand and ask if a strong belief in jury nullification is a reason. I don't see how you could be charged for contempt for that.

Shirking your civic duty is nothing to brag about.
I'll respectfully give you several reasons why I don't like being called for jury duty:
1. I don't have a tremendous amount of faith in the legal system (eg, OJ Simpson)
2. Like trw2094, some people lose a lot of money to be there.
3. Like palmettomoon, I always wear a coat and tie (out of respect for the process). I am always the only one. Most wear tank tops or pajamas.
4. The people who argue the cases and supervise the proceedings are all lawyers. Does anyone really respect lawyers or believe anything that comes out of their mouths (except other lawyers)?

Back
Top Bottom