• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury nullification and 2A rights

I've done both petit and grand. After the grand jury, I lost all faith in the legal system. In petit, the jurors say "they wouldn't have indicted him unless he was guilty-- and they get to hear things not brought out at trial". And in the grand jury "Let's just indict; they'll sort it out with all the details in the trial".

Shudder.

But yeah, you should NOT get out of it. Please go help someone out. Read up on jury nullification-- it's your DUTY. The judge can determine guilt or innocence without a jury-- the jury is there to put the community stamp of approval on "justice". If you think the law is unfair, or unfairly applied-- it really is your duty to vote "not guilty". That's what you are there for!!!

I've done both petit and grand. After the grand jury, I lost all faith in the legal system. In petit, the jurors say "they wouldn't have indicted him unless he was guilty-- and they get to hear things not brought out at trial". And in the grand jury "Let's just indict; they'll sort it out with all the details in the trial".

Shudder.

But yeah, you should NOT get out of it. Please go help someone out. Read up on jury nullification-- it's your DUTY. The judge can determine guilt or innocence without a jury-- the jury is there to put the community stamp of approval on "justice". If you think the law is unfair, or unfairly applied-- it really is your duty to vote "not guilty". That's what you are there for!!!

Take a grand jury with a grain of sand. It's a venue where virtually NO DEFENSE is allowed. It's prosecutor's dream "ham sandwich indictment." If anything, if you nullify anywhere it should be there. Just bunch of uneducated (you excluded) morons the machine picked to get what they wanted.

Yes. Too white and you don't look like an uneducated moron most likely.
Nope. Purdy sure it ain't that. Jess too white....
Screenshot_20210315-134253_Photos.jpg

So are you saying that despite being innocent of the charges brought against him, you would have voted to convict him if you had known his history?

Maybe there's a reason for that rule.

What the judge told us was pertaining to the current charges at hand. The information may have changed votes, it may not have, but isn't that for the jury to decide? The truth, the WHOLE truth...

What the judge told us was pertaining to the current charges at hand. The information may have changed votes, it may not have, but isn't that for the jury to decide? The truth, the WHOLE truth...

Nope, the jury decides the case on the facts given in evidence, using the law as delivered by the judge.

Back
Top Bottom