• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just a Quick word of warning and praise

ghammer1

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
The Friday before last I had open heart surgery- 5 arteries bypassed. I wanted to throw this out to everyone to take any warnings your body gives you and act on them. I am in my early 50’s with no family history. I went to the Dr after work one day with just a small weird feeling in my left lung. Not pain, no left arm numbness or any of the 20 other symptoms we’ve been told to look out for all of these years. I thought I was coming down with walking pneumonia. I felt that something was wrong - weird is the best word I can use to describe it. The long and sort of it is I was in the early stages of a heart attack and by God’s grace and quick action by the ER I was able to survive it.

I’m not a super active ODT but the people that I’ve met through trades and at shows have ALWAYS been first rate. I would hate for anyone to to have a close call or worse just because they just didn’t have the time to get it checked out. Men and Women both are at high risk for heart issues these days. Please take any notifications you get seriously and DO SOMETHING about it.

-God Bless

The Friday before last I had open heart surgery- 5 arteries bypassed. I wanted to throw this out to everyone to take any warnings your body gives you and act on them. I am in my early 50’s with no family history. I went to the Dr after work one day with just a small weird feeling in my left lung. Not pain, no left arm numbness or any of the 20 other symptoms we’ve been told to look out for all of these years. I thought I was coming down with walking pneumonia. I felt that something was wrong - weird is the best word I can use to describe it. The long and sort of it is I was in the early stages of a heart attack and by God’s grace and quick action by the ER I was able to survive it.

I’m not a super active ODT but the people that I’ve met through trades and at shows have ALWAYS been first rate. I would hate for anyone to to have a close call or worse just because they just didn’t have the time to get it checked out. Men and Women both are at high risk for heart issues these days. Please take any notifications you get seriously and DO SOMETHING about it.

-God Bless
Good info,tks

:thumb::thumb::thumb:Great advice and I glad you are recovering. I haven’t had open heart surgery but I have survived 2 heart attacks. Doctor was able to treat me with stents. After the 2nd I had to have a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted. This all took place in ‘02. Good luck and take care!

Very happy you’re ok. Take it easy during the recovery and get well soon. You’ll be right for moose hunting season.

Glad you're okay.
Did they have any idea why this happened at a relatively young age? Hereditary or diet?
That is the thing and why I feel compelled to share.
40lb over weight most of us are a little in this society
- A1c 5.9%
- cholesterols 181 total, HDL 34, LDL 124
- Triglyceride 114
- EKG NEVER showed an abnormality even in the ER. The only thing that pushed me Into the Cath Lab was heart protein started to show something was going on. It was in Cath Lab the next morning that showed 5 blocked arteries ranging between 90% to 99% blocked. I was a walking time bomb. When I asked the surgeon how close I was to going his answer was “at any second”. At that point there would be nothing they could have done for me. God’s will is the only thing that makes any sense that I am still standing.

I am saying all of this because I am just like the rest of us. I don’t get checked out as much or as often as I should. Hate Doctors and don’t like to be told what to do or eat. I figure that I can push my way through anything by force of will. I almost got myself killed with that attitude. I was minutes away from just driving home from work instead of going to the ACC to check out what was feeling weird.

Back
Top Bottom