• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just can't focus on a red dot anymore.

No doubt. One of my favorite sayings is, "Getting old ain't for sissies." Another is, "Youth is wasted on the young." If I could just put the brain and skills I have now in my 25 year old body...

My favorite from you is "if you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough"... LOL!

I've tried repeatedly to set my short range rifles up with red dots and just can't see a clear dot anymore. I even have this problem to a lesser extent with an older Nightforce NXS 1-4 with the large circle dot reticle. The best sight picture I get is with a low cost Weaver Kaspa 1.5-6 tactical scope. It's crystal clear and has an illuminated reticle with come-up gradients in it that really work.

It seems crazy, but I think I'm about to sell the Nightforce and about four or five red dots that I've accumulated and replace them with two $200 scopes.
Try a green dot stands out better .

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Seems like for the precision stuff, having dedicated 'shooting' glasses shouldn't be an issue. It's not like you'll be needing that in a dark alleyway on the wrong side of town.
Due to scopes being focusable, special glasses are not needed with them. The only scope I have an issue with is the NXS 1-4. All the others can be adjusted so they are clear.

Shoot that Weaver scope a bunch before you decide. I only say this because my LR308 broke 2 Weaver scopes before I put on a Vortex. Both scopes had the reticle rotating inside the tube. I was using suppressor also.

Shoot that Weaver scope a bunch before you decide. I only say this because my LR308 broke 2 Weaver scopes before I put on a Vortex. Both scopes had the reticle rotating inside the tube. I was using suppressor also.
There are reports of this kind of thing happening with them sometimes, but Weaver has no problem replacing them and when you get good ones they stay good. The one I have now has probably had 3000 rounds through it and has taken some good dings without issue.

Back
Top Bottom