• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just couldn't resist... I SHOULD HAVE RESISTED

Bad news so I changed the title. So I took it to the range today to test it out. Did not go well. Would not cycle. Trouble just racking the action to eject shells or pick up a round. Serious issues with this one. I really hate to say it, but it was a dud. Of all the videos I watched with rave reviews, I only saw one that was a bad one/complaint video. Guess what? Mine did the same things if not worse than his. Ugh. Lucky for me the store took it back and I used it towards a Sig MPX Gen2 :) So there was a happy ending after all!

Did you try different magazines ? HP or FMJ, or did you try different ammo? Did it fire at all? Which gas setting did you have it on ? If rifle is new, they come with a 1 year warranty.
Different ammo, tried all 3 gas settings (initially on setting 2), different mags including steel and Magpul. Rifle was clean, gas ports un-obstructed, lubed, not dry. It only fired first round, would not eject. Did this 3 times and on the fourth, round was very hard to manually eject. Stuck a mag back in, couldn't manual pick up a round or cycle it. (Charging handle just stuck. I didn't try using a foot like I would normally because I was at an indoor range, not outdoors.) I think something was misaligned with the gas system, and I think the clearances also weren't spec in the receiver. I did notice that the rear sight was way out of line, and your couldn't adjust the range at all (buttons stuck.) I think it was made on somebody's last day or first day at the factory. Oh well. The store have me a full swap out towards the Sig so I'm good.

Different ammo, tried all 3 gas settings (initially on setting 2), different mags including steel and Magpul. Rifle was clean, gas ports un-obstructed, lubed, not dry. It only fired first round, would not eject. Did this 3 times and on the fourth, round was very hard to manually eject. Stuck a mag back in, couldn't manual pick up a round or cycle it. (Charging handle just stuck. I didn't try using a foot like I would normally because I was at an indoor range, not outdoors.) I think something was misaligned with the gas system, and I think the clearances also weren't spec in the receiver. I did notice that the rear sight was way out of line, and your couldn't adjust the range at all (buttons stuck.) I think it was made on somebody's last day or first day at the factory. Oh well. The store have me a full swap out towards the Sig so I'm good.
Wow, my auto correct totally messed up a bunch of words in that paragraph...

HVACGuy HVACGuy , hate to get off topic, but how has the 320 in 45 been working out?
It has been working great. Zero issues with it now, and it's dead on balls accurate. I can rapid fire it (when no one is looking, lol) and hollow out the target. When I first got it I think I didn't do a very good cleaning (my mistake thinking hey, it's new!) and probably missed some burrs or grit in the rails. After I performed my usual thorough cleaning, everything worked perfect and has ever since. I've tried good to cheap target ammo (no steel) in it, and they all work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom