• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just got a gut check on the economy!!

Industry ,housing and even infrastructure are still going on, up ,out along, etc here in Coweta county.

Houses for sale on our road are sold in days.

People selling and buying. More traffic. Crowded stores.

Repeat of 2007. The building boom was going like crazy. Until it wasn't.

I haven’t seen a “slow down”, but I see folks choosing options that are less expensive, even if that option won’t last as long. 2009-10 was depressing and I felt it then. I’ve been thru ups and downs over 25yrs of doing this, I suppose I can ride out a few more during the back end of my career.

it typically takes a minimum of 12 months for any event to work it's way through the residential housing market....we are close to the 1 year mark of increasing interest rates, however not close to a year at 6%+ interest rates....there may be more time...what makes this market(residential) different, is the unwillingness of potential sellers....no one wants to sell, and take on a new 7% mortgage....until inventory increases in the market place, I think prices will remain elevated....watch the inventory....

Speaking of the houses, like several others stated nobody wants to sell 2-3% loans for 6-7% loans. I keep hearing houses are low due to after 2008 builders just quit building at the same rate.

So rates remain high. Houses are going up at a slower rate than needed to drastically change supply. I guess houses are not dropping by that simple look of supply/demand.

First time home buyers are really going to struggle in this market, Starters homes are 250-300k

Back
Top Bottom