• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just got a gut check on the economy!!

All of the folks who move around like hobos are the problem. They ruined the place they left and come here to do the same.
Did you never have to move for work? Most people don’t grow up in a position to get Papaw’s farm. Many people end up moving for better opportunities. It’s pretty much the history of this country.

Did you never have to move for work? Most people don’t grow up in a position to get Papaw’s farm. Many people end up moving for better opportunities. It’s pretty much the history of this country.

I believe he’s referring to the influx of commie-fornia and NY libs that are finally fleeing those liberal meccas and moving to Ga, Tx, etc.

They move because they people that they voted for for years have enabled the inmates to rule the asylum. Now they want to come here and elect new idiots with the same liberal mentality.

Come for a better life? Great
Come to turn my backyard into a second world crap-hole like Chicago, LA, SF, NY, etc.? No thanks. NIMBY.

I believe he’s referring to the influx of commie-fornia and NY libs that are finally fleeing those liberal meccas and moving to Ga, Tx, etc.

They move because they people that they voted for for years have enabled the inmates to rule the asylum. Now they want to come here and elect new idiots with the same liberal mentality.

Come to turn my backyard into a second world crap-hole like Chicago, LA, SF, NY, etc.? No thanks. NIMBY.
Yes that is what is happening.

The transplant enclaves in my area are staunchly conservative, but I guess it makes sense talking about metro Atlanta.

Transformers , RTUs , Generators , Switchgear , all long lead time big ticket construction items are improving on availability.
Which means ….demand is slowing.
No BS -just real info .
Do with it , what you will .

The political leanings of the hobos doesn’t seem to matter. They want the conveniences of more grocery stores, more restaurants, more everything. Guess what happens to the county then. I never had to move for work as I own my own business and I didn’t get “pawpaws farm”, I worked for it.

I have watched my little town grow over the last few years and its people fleeing the bigger cities. All the new people who move here have the same complaints, "we need more things to do, more this, more that" they just want our town to build more and grow. The reason they moved here is because its a small town that doesnt have all that **** and the reason we all love living here and never move out is because we don't have that ****, we like it small!!!! I tell everyone of them move somewhere that has that, we dont want it.

Years ago (early 90's), while starting a new job in the Midwest and newly transplanted from the shiitehole Northeast area, I was young and full of piss and vinegar. I went in to meet a customer and as an ignorant young salesperson from the NE, I was beating my chest and extolling the life I left in the big city.

My customer stopped me 1/2 through my spiel, and said, "Spistols...if California and New York both cracked off of the continent and sank into the oceans, I wouldn't give a shiitte!".

About 25 years later, I saw the same customer (not mine any longer) at a trade show and reminded him of the first impactful thing he said to me, as mentioned above. I told him after all of the places I lived, people I met, and things I have seen, I now totally understand what he said back then, and completely agree now.

Was down in North Port, Fl. a few weeks ago. Huge areas of land being cleared for houses being built for the folks fleeing the crime and taxes of the North. Talked to a few people, consensus was 25,000 new homes coming.
The Villages has plans for 3000 more, and acres of land under contract.

Headline today stating Macy’s and Costco looking at lower customer spending. Costco’s financial guy said that more people are buying the cheaper meats like pork and chicken than previously. And meat (beef) is cheap at Costco.

Dollar General had a comment as well, so if the high end (Macy’s) and the low end (Dollar Gen) are both anticipating less revenue I guess that’s yet another sign.

Re: housing booms in FL, I would kick myself for not getting something when prices were low(er), but the last Air B&B we stayed at had outrageous property tax and HOA fees.

Back
Top Bottom