• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just got my AK-V

I've also got a SBR'd Evo, I'm checking everyday for the PSA mags, they have the metal liner on the feed ramp.

So let me tell you about my experience with AKv mags in the scorpion. I bought 3 of them about 2 months ago. All 3 fit real tight, would not drop free and would drop the bolt when I removed them. I knew I was getting an AKv so I just put them aside for use with that.
About 3 weeks ago I got my AKv and bought more mags to go with it. The mags I got on that order were ever so slightly different (have a little relief on the back side) and those fit in the scorpion much better. The mags that came with the AKv were the older type and fit tight.
So if you get the newer ones they fit better but they seemed to be mixed so no way to tell what you're getting?

With that said they have some mags on clearance right now that say they ONLY work in the scorpion not the AKv. They may be a crap shoot but for $13 you may want to give them a try?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

So let me tell you about my experience with AKv mags in the scorpion. I bought 3 of them about 2 months ago. All 3 fit real tight, would not drop free and would drop the bolt when I removed them. I knew I was getting an AKv so I just put them aside for use with that.
About 3 weeks ago I got my AKv and bought more mags to go with it. The mags I got on that order were ever so slightly different (have a little relief on the back side) and those fit in the scorpion much better. The mags that came with the AKv were the older type and fit tight.
So if you get the newer ones they fit better but they seemed to be mixed so no way to tell what you're getting?

With that said they have some mags on clearance right now that say they ONLY work in the scorpion not the AKv. They may be a crap shoot but for $13 you may want to give them a try?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait to get mags that work on both. Heading the the range soon to test out the AK-V.

Back
Top Bottom