• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just how long?

As long as I have others in the same category and no immediate need for something, I let the price ride. If I sell, I sell, if not, nothing lost.

If I am only selling 1 of its' kind to buy another of its' kind, my price is more flexible the longer it posts.

HHADogs1.gif

I’m just having fun here, but “just how long?” do you leave a gun for sale before you consider that maybe it’s overpriced? I’m just having fun here

I'd guess that in two weeks, pretty much everybody who is a regular visitor to this site would have seen it, or had the opportunity to see it if they'd been searching for what you're selling.
If it doesn't sell or generate any serious offers in that 2 week time frame, it's overpriced for this LIMITED POOL OF POTENTIAL BUYERS.

But if you keep renewing the ad for a year, you'll be exposing the ad to hundreds of new people, some of whom may be more free-spending with their dough, or might have a special, personal reason for wanting that make and model you're selling. So, you never know if you might get that sale a long long time after you placed the ad.

My dad knew a guy who hung out in bars and would boldly, even rudely, approach woman with cheesy pick up lines immediately followed by a proposal to go back to his place and bump fuzzies.
My dad asked him, upon seeing him try this and fail miserably, "I'll bet you get slapped a LOT."
The friend smiled and said, "Yep, but I get laid a lot too!"

I'd guess that in two weeks, pretty much everybody who is a regular visitor to this site would have seen it, or had the opportunity to see it if they'd been searching for what you're selling.
If it doesn't sell or generate any serious offers in that 2 week time frame, it's overpriced for this LIMITED POOL OF POTENTIAL BUYERS.

But if you keep renewing the ad for a year, you'll be exposing the ad to hundreds of new people, some of whom may be more free-spending with their dough, or might have a special, personal reason for wanting that make and model you're selling. So, you never know if you might get that sale a long long time after you placed the ad.

My dad knew a guy who hung out in bars and would boldly, even rudely, approach woman with cheesy pick up lines immediately followed by a proposal to go back to his place and bump fuzzies.
My dad asked him, upon seeing him try this and fail miserably, "I'll bet you get slapped a LOT."
The friend smiled and said, "Yep, but I get laid a lot too!"
bahahahahaha , would'a been funnier if that last line said "1 time" but still some funny stuff right there . Ever seen that movie Cold Pursuit with Liam Neeson in it? I think i bout had a coronary LOL

Some common items, might need a price cut if they get no action within the first 2 or 3 relists. Other items that are harder to find, the seller could leave it as is for another few days. But those items that are still on here, after years of relists is just wishful thinking by the seller. It should have sold by now if it's fairly priced.

Back
Top Bottom