• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just how smart are your dogs?

Smartest dog I ever had was a boxer. Learned several 'tricks' in literally 5 minutes and never forgot. But when it comes to being an escape artist, one of my beagles is an absolute Houdini.

Boxers are smarter than just about every human I’ve come in contact with. Miss mine.

Teach him to use and flush

You laugh, but I had a CAT who taught himself to use the toilet. I thought I left the water running one night, went into the bathroom and there was one of our cats perched on the toilet seat actively peeing into the bowl. He did fairly frequently after that too...never understood how he put it together.

Anyway, back to dogs: my dog is wicked smart but CONSTANTLY testing me.

I talk to my Lab like he’s another kid , and I really think he understands about everything I say.

He loves pizza , all I have to do is say the word. True story , he saw the pizza guy drive by my house.

He ran down the road and stop him, guess he thought he missed the house. ( 25 MPH street)

I talk to my Lab like he’s another kid , and I really think he understands about everything I say.

He loves pizza , all I have to do is say the word. True story , he saw the pizza guy drive by my house.

He ran down the road and stop him, guess he thought he missed the house. ( 25 MPH street)
People having to spell words like "walk", "ride", "treat", "toy", etc around their dog is legit. They learn the meaning of a word very quickly if they want to. The problem is, they can also learn to recognize the spelling of the word.

People having to spell words like "walk", "ride", "treat", "toy", etc around their dog is legit. They learn the meaning of a word very quickly if they want to. The problem is, they can also learn to recognize the spelling of the word.
I do this, with out and walk, heck even treat. I'm sure their are others but off the top

Back
Top Bottom