Just in case

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Just in case you didnt know or are passing by Gander in Mcdonough
20170604_152526.jpg

Lol maybe when they get to 50% off their normal prices you could at least get people to show up for regularly priced guns.

There are a few ok deals. When they drop to 40% on firearms it would be worth a look.
By the time they get to realistic prices everything will be gone. I can't say for certain since I've never been in a Gander Mountain or Cabela's store. But I have been in a Bass Pro store and it was just what I expected. I've been looking at catalogs from all three companies since I was a teenager and I always knew they were way too high on everything they had. I can just imagine how crazy their gun prices were.

In this age of online shopping and dying brick and mortar retail chains I just can't see why any established company would go all out building stores with elaborate features like Bass Pro and knowing that people may walk around there and look at the fish and the displays but they go home and order their goods way cheaper online. That plan was destined to fail from the beginning.

By the time they get to realistic prices everything will be gone. I can't say for certain since I've never been in a Gander Mountain or Cabela's store. But I have been in a Bass Pro store and it was just what I expected. I've been looking at catalogs from all three companies since I was a teenager and I always knew they were way too high on everything they had. I can just imagine how crazy their gun prices were.

In this age of online shopping and dying brick and mortar retail chains I just can't see why any established company would go all out building stores with elaborate features like Bass Pro and knowing that people may walk around there and look at the fish and the displays but they go home and order their goods way cheaper online. That plan was destined to fail from the beginning.

My wife will have me drive her to Atlanta to get the same stuff I can buy on Amazon. She wants the shopping experience. Also its one of the few places we can get her special food stuff. Its a slow death but there are still people that shop in stores. Id rather not have to send crap back in the mail and in most cases Id like to play with it before i buy it. Toys R Us and Best Buy will match Amazon. If stores want to keep the doors open, theyll have to fall in line. Academy runs sales on stuff other than guns cheaper than most online prices. I do my best to support locally but, there's a point where my wallet says screwem.

My wife will have me drive her to Atlanta to get the same stuff I can buy on Amazon. She wants the shopping experience. Also its one of the few places we can get her special food stuff. Its a slow death but there are still people that shop in stores. Id rather not have to send crap back in the mail and in most cases Id like to play with it before i buy it. Toys R Us and Best Buy will match Amazon. If stores want to keep the doors open, theyll have to fall in line. Academy runs sales on stuff other than guns cheaper than most online prices. I do my best to support locally but, there's a point where my wallet says screwem.
You're preaching to the choir here. I HATE Amazon with a passion. I dig buying local pray least in person when I can. I like seeing and touching what I'm getting before I pay for it. I'm a big fan of Academy Sports. We finally got one in Brunswick last December. It's maybe 3 red lights from an existing Dicks that sits in a Target shopping center. I really hope both of them go under soon.
I miss the mall experience and I tell my 9 year old about it all the time. I also watch the Dead Mall Series by a guy named Dan Bell on YouTube. It's depressing and fascinating all at the same time. His Dead Motel series is good too.
I grew up in South Macon and we had a hell of a mall. The Macon Mall opened in 75 and expended in 95 . Aside from the Oshman's Sporting Goods closing early on and eliminating guns from the mall there wasn't much you couldn't find there. I worked there in 92/93 for Video Concepts a Tandy/ Radio Shack off shoot and again in 06 for a Radio Shack. By 06 it was on a rapid downhill slide. But it wasn't just the Macon Mall. Maybe two years ago I took my son to one of his weirdo gamer conventions in Atlanta. We had to kill some time before check in at the Hapeville Marriott I believe it was. So we walked around Southlake Mall for a while. Wow! It was WAY more ghetto than the Macon Mall.
I don't know the answer to keeping brick and mortar stores in business but I hope they figure it out pretty quick. I hate waiting on the mail and UPS.

Back
Top Bottom