• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just keep posting the same crap for sale, eventually...

Bushwhacker

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Unmitigated Badassery
119   0
Reaction score
...it'll not be bought and you'll just keep relisting it anyway.

I'm sure this has been posted before and some folks will tell me what I need to do which is cool. I'll just throw my opinion out anyway.

I know what this site is and wish people posted more things for sale. I enjoy browsing. BUT I've seen some of the same cheap crap that nobody wants relisted every week for 6 months now. I know your waiting for the one guy that might want it that hasn't seen it yet. Seriously though, if nobody has bought it yet, it's too expensive or nobody wants it. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of cap on the number of times an item can be posted. I don't click on them, just skip right over them so no it's not hurting me or whatever the detractors will say. I guess I can ignore that person but it isn't that big of a deal.

There are items that have been listed over a hundred times and have been for sale for years without any significant change in the ad.

...it'll not be bought and you'll just keep relisting it anyway.

I'm sure this has been posted before and some folks will tell me what I need to do which is cool. I'll just throw my opinion out anyway.

I know what this site is and wish people posted more things for sale. I enjoy browsing. BUT I've seen some of the same cheap crap that nobody wants relisted every week for 6 months now. I know your waiting for the one guy that might want it that hasn't seen it yet. Seriously though, if nobody has bought it yet, it's too expensive or nobody wants it. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of cap on the number of times an item can be posted. I don't click on them, just skip right over them so no it's not hurting me or whatever the detractors will say. I guess I can ignore that person but it isn't that big of a deal.

I guess they could close the ad, take some new pictures, come up with a new title, and have you clicking away to see what's new? lol

Maybe the "B/S/T" threads could be colored. One color for new ones. Another color for older ads. A third color for really old (30+ days) ads. Bumping the ads would NOT change the color. It would be against the rules to create a new ad for the same product. Each item must have one ad, only one ad, and that ad stays in the color-changing system until it's sold or taken off the market. If you take it off the market, you have to wait 6 months before listing it again.

This is starting to sound like a Liberal thread. Let's make a rule for this, let's make a rule for that.:mmph:

Let's make a rule that you have to close your ad when your item sells.:smiley_simmons:

We really don't need free enterprise, now do we? I would much rather have some overbearing power tell me every move to make.:thumb:

If there is a Mosin for $400.00, and you post yours for $200.00, the potential buyer will think yours is a real deal.:wacko:

Asa the OP stated, he could just put those people on ignore and solve his own problem.:tape2:

Back
Top Bottom