• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
LOL. See, all this time I've stood up against all the cop bashers and haters. And here you are, the one I always admitted was there. The worm amidst the apples.

Right and wrong don't apply to cops like you. And sooner or later I do believe you will prove that.
As far as I'm concern there is no law against it and until Georgia says other wise I'm going to do my side jobs.

It's your opinion and you have a right to state it, but until it's law it's not illegal in my book. I've found out that I can be doing everything right and somebody will always get butt hurt. I think I found my one. It's clear you have problems with authority and that's ok. No skin of my back and you can call me all the names you want and make all the false accusations you want, it doesn't bother me. If it helps you sleep at night I'll pretend it hurt my feelings for you.

But again the main point is the state says it's legal so it's legal. The day they state otherwise I'll enforce it, even if I don't approve. Because that's my job, I keep personal views out of it and enforce what the state says.

As far as I'm concern there is no law against it and until Georgia says other wise I'm going to do my side jobs.

It's your opinion and you have a right to state it, but until it's law it's not illegal in my book. I've found out that I can be doing everything right and somebody will always get butt hurt. I think I found my one. It's clear you have problems with authority and that's ok. No skin of my back and you can call me all the names you want and make all the false accusations you want, it doesn't bother me. If it helps you sleep at night I'll pretend it hurt my feelings for you.

But again the main point is the state says it's legal so it's legal. The day they state otherwise I'll enforce it, even if I don't approve. Because that's my job, I keep personal views out of it and enforce what the state says.

It's clear that you don't know me from Adam, is what's clear.

But you come across as a cop who's large and in charge (in your own mind at least). And I promise you. I will see what can be done about making you invest in a non-department issued shirt to do those side jobs in. If you are going to be a security guard. I'm going to try to help you look the part. If you are going to look like a cop. I'll see if I can't make sure you do it when you are being paid to BE A COP. Nobody cares that you make side money...but taking MY TAX PAID authority and equipment and using the tax dollar to pay for any liability claims that may arise based on your actions. See, a security guard who does something in the course of serving his employer can incur liability to the company he works for. But these companies love to hire cops for several reason, not the least of which is that if a cop does something that results in a suit, it is not the company that pays but the city/municipality the cop is posted to. So you tyhink they love you when they really love the ability to pass the buck if your hurt someone.

And you need to watch that persecution complex thing you have going there. I've always been supportive of cops in general but you have the US-vs THEM mindset that people on the fringe love to point to. In fact, you may well be the kind of person that if the **** DOES hit the fan, most of us are indeed going to be at odds with. You have a very deep anger and a feeling of entitlement showing there. Too bad you seem to lack a deep sense of right and wrong. But then I always heard that some people become cops purely for the power.

If the "rented uniformed cop" is shot & dies guarding the theater is he then killed in the "public" line of duty as a cop with benefits going to his family or as a private guard ??

It's clear that you don't know me from Adam, is what's clear.

But you come across as a cop who's large and in charge (in your own mind at least). And I promise you. I will see what can be done about making you invest in a non-department issued shirt to do those side jobs in. If you are going to be a security guard. I'm going to try to help you look the part. If you are going to look like a cop. I'll see if I can't make sure you do it when you are being paid to BE A COP. Nobody cares that you make side money...but taking MY TAX PAID authority and equipment and using the tax dollar to pay for any liability claims that may arise based on your actions. See, a security guard who does something in the course of serving his employer can incur liability to the company he works for. But these companies love to hire cops for several reason, not the least of which is that if a cop does something that results in a suit, it is not the company that pays but the city/municipality the cop is posted to. So you tyhink they love you when they really love the ability to pass the buck if your hurt someone.

And you need to watch that persecution complex thing you have going there. I've always been supportive of cops in general but you have the US-vs THEM mindset that people on the fringe love to point to. In fact, you may well be the kind of person that if the **** DOES hit the fan, most of us are indeed going to be at odds with. You have a very deep anger and a feeling of entitlement showing there. Too bad you seem to lack a deep sense of right and wrong. But then I always heard that some people become cops purely for the power.

I never stated that I did, and you don't know me but obviously you feel as if you know me enough to call me names make false accusations.

I don't need your approval and I'm ok with that. And as a think over my church sermon today I realize I don't need your approval, in the end there is only one man I'll have to answer fur my actions. So name calling and threatening one another isn't gong to change either one of our opinions.

So I apologize if I offended you in anyway and wish you and your two children and wife a blessed Sunday and a happy forth if July.

I never stated that I did, and you don't know me but obviously you feel as if you know me enough to call me names make false accusations.

I don't need your approval and I'm ok with that. And as a think over my church sermon today I realize I don't need your approval, in the end there is only one man I'll have to answer fur my actions. So name calling and threatening one another isn't gong to change either one of our opinions.

So I apologize if I offended you in anyway and wish you and your two children and wife a blessed Sunday and a happy forth if July.

Nice attempt. I spent wayyyy too much time rereading every word I've said in this thread looking for the names I supposedly called you. I found one....COP. OMG! I should be FLOGGED!

And accusations? Did I go and accuse you of believing what you posted? Naughty me.

So sit there and type about your serene and moving sermon, smile patronizingly down upon me and forgive me my transgressions if you will. But I think the disturbing lack of ethics that you have advocated and the righteous indignation you showed over my equating using police powers and equipment to misappropriation of public funds shows a much clearer and truer picture that that Norman Rockwell print you just tried to pull over everyones eyes. LOL.

Nice attempt. I spent wayyyy too much time rereading every word I've said in this thread looking for the names I supposedly called you. I found one....COP. OMG! I should be FLOGGED!

And accusations? Did I go and accuse you of believing what you posted? Naughty me.

So sit there and type about your serene and moving sermon, smile patronizingly down upon me and forgive me my transgressions if you will. But I think the disturbing lack of ethics that you have advocated and the righteous indignation you showed over my equating using police powers and equipment to misappropriation of public funds shows a much clearer and truer picture that that Norman Rockwell print you just tried to pull over everyones eyes. LOL.

:grouphug:

Man, your wife deserves a medal for dealing with you.

Last edited:
It's a work in progress. Wonder how it will read in a few legislative email in boxes....

Dear ,

I would like to take the time to express a concern I have had for some time. It seems to be a common practice for off duty police officers to take positions as security for private companies. While this seems a natural relationship and is certainly not one with which I would seek to interfere, I find that the associated practice of using the uniforms, weapons, equipment and authority vested in them by the agency with which they are affiliated to be most concerning.

Using the equipment issued to them by their departments is a de facto misappropriation of public funds, which in any other profession would be a punishable offense. The fact that this is accepted practice suggests that law enforcement is somehow law exempt. The use of the service weapon is troubling as well. First there is the issue of it being tax payer purchased for use on tax payer business. Then there is the question of liability should the officer be required to use it for non-departmental emergencies. Finally there is simple wear and tear.

The very actions of police officers are not only governed, but also protected and insured differently than those of security guards. If a security guard injures or kills a citizen, then the guard and the business who hired him are held liable for the damages. If a police officer does the same, the expense is born by the city and tax payers. However, if an off duty police officer working as a security guard does exactly the same, the costs are (in most instances) passed along to the tax payers again. Never mind that the person responsible was, in no way, representing the department he is posted to. As a police officer in uniform at the time of the incident, his actions will be supported by the tax payers. This is certainly an attractive hiring bonus to potential employers of off duty police, but not a very palatable feature for the citizenry.

Then there is the wearing of the uniform and badge specifically. This creates the “color of law” argument where an individual is, in essence, impersonating a police officer, by dressing and comporting himself as a police officer when he is, in fact, not under the authority or direction of his agency. When employed as a security guard, an individual has certain limitations on his authority that are not equally placed on a police officer. A police officer working in the position of security guard for a private company should, no MUST be held to the same limitations as any other security guard. To use the authority of the uniform and badge of a professional law enforcement officer while in the employ of a private company cheapens the law to the level of mercenary.

The deepest issue I have with the wearing of the uniform and badge by off duty police in private security, however is the incongruity of treatment under the law of the public by these police officer. The law protects the public from many improper actions by police that it does not protect them against from private persons. Security guards are not abjured from violating a subjects’ 14th amendment rights against improper searches or seizures. But a police officer, acting in the capacity might have no such restraint. The rights of the people are too important to be allowed to fall through the cracks simply because a private citizen can hire his very own police officer, uniform, badge, weapon and all.

The climate of relations between the police and the general citizenry has grown colder of late. This is a terrible circumstance and every avenue of reconciliation should be vigorously pursued. In times like this especially, flaunting unethical hedges that amount to crimes that simply haven’t been codified yet is a very bad way to promote mutual respect. In fact, it fuels the fire of anger and resentment.

I think she deserves and honest police force that doesn't think they are above the law. But what do I know...right?

Technically, we are within the law by providing private security. I also still asked you to find the code section stating Peace Officers cannot perform private security. Nothing stated by the OP in this thread has been deemed illegal.

Back
Top Bottom