• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Technically, we are within the law by providing private security. I also still asked you to find the code section stating Peace Officers cannot perform private security. Nothing stated by the OP in this thread has been deemed illegal.
And again, (and for the life of me it's like trying to talk to people who read "Stop Illegal Immigration" and call you racist and scream that you are against immigration) nobody ever said a word about cops not moonlighting or working security. It's all about not taking POLICE POWER and selling it to PRIVATE BUSINESS. It's about being EITHER a COP or a SECURITY GUARD and not being BOTH at the same time. But most of all, it's about ETHICS before they have to be made into law. Because people who know right from wrong have ethics and people who live by ethics never run face first into a law.

And it's a little bit about reading comprehension since no one ever said it was illegal. Well, It's technically illegal for a COP to ask for your carry permit, but that's now what happened.

And again, (and for the life of me it's like trying to talk to people who read "Stop Illegal Immigration" and call you racist and scream that you are against immigration) nobody ever said a word about cops not moonlighting or working security. It's all about not taking POLICE POWER and selling it to PRIVATE BUSINESS. It's about being EITHER a COP or a SECURITY GUARD and not being BOTH at the same time. But most of all, it's about ETHICS before they have to be made into law. Because people who know right from wrong have ethics and people who live by ethics never run face first into a law.

And it's a little bit about reading comprehension since no one ever said it was illegal. Well, It's technically illegal for a COP to ask for your carry permit, but that's now what happened.
The cops still act within the color of law while there for the business, it's not like he does solely what the business wants.

Lastly as stated by the OP he never asked for the carry permit. Nothing was done illegal about asking him about the gun itself. Simple casual encounter.

But if the cop is off duty he is NOTHING but a security guard. When employed by someone other than his department a cop is nobody special.

Define "color of law".

But if the cop is off duty he is NOTHING but a security guard. When employed by someone other than his department a cop is nobody special.

Define "color of law".
No he still is a cop, just because I clock out doesn't mean when I see something illegal I turn a blind eye.

And I guess I ment acting within legal capacity

No he still is a cop, just because I clock out doesn't mean when I see something illegal I turn a blind eye.

And I guess I ment acting within legal capacity
Yeah that's the damn catch 22.

A cop is never off duty and a cop is always responsible. In NYC a cop isn't supposed to drink because he may be required to discharge his weapon and he can't do so legally under the influence. And I'm sure all NYPD cops are sober as church mice. That never off duty thing is bull ****. EVERYBODY needs to be off duty some times.

Yeah, that's the gist of "color of law" as I read it too. Off duty cops may still be required to act under color of law despite being off duty.

Problem is, off duty cops can't make arrests any more than citizens can. They are supposed to refer to on duty cops, while not interfering when possible but still not allow crime to ....wish someone would draw a frickin line somewhere! SHEESH!

The two things I am opposed to are exercising authority on citizens but on behalf of a private employer, not the community they are supposed to be serving. Like stopping traffic on a public street to allow a patrons customers to exit his parking lot. That's not what cops are for.

And the gray area...Cops can tell you that you have to do X. But private security can not. Security can search you since they are not police nor as tightly bound 4th amendment, but, theoretically a cop can't without PC. but what can a COP do if he IS private security? When you remove the legal barriers from one side what is the limit?

Yeah that's the damn catch 22.

A cop is never off duty and a cop is always responsible. In NYC a cop isn't supposed to drink because he may be required to discharge his weapon and he can't do so legally under the influence. And I'm sure all NYPD cops are sober as church mice. That never off duty thing is bull ****. EVERYBODY needs to be off duty some times.

Yeah, that's the gist of "color of law" as I read it too. Off duty cops may still be required to act under color of law despite being off duty.

Problem is, off duty cops can't make arrests any more than citizens can. They are supposed to refer to on duty cops, while not interfering when possible but still not allow crime to ....wish someone would draw a frickin line somewhere! SHEESH!

The two things I am opposed to are exercising authority on citizens but on behalf of a private employer, not the community they are supposed to be serving. Like stopping traffic on a public street to allow a patrons customers to exit his parking lot. That's not what cops are for.

And the gray area...Cops can tell you that you have to do X. But private security can not. Security can search you since they are not police nor as tightly bound 4th amendment, but, theoretically a cop can't without PC. but what can a COP do if he IS private security? When you remove the legal barriers from one side what is the limit?
Those are such broad statements, outs all on the department and the officer.

Back
Top Bottom