• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just Ordered This Bad Boy!!

They take a little getting used to, but a great system. Would love to try the grinder attachment. If you prefer convex edges, the WS is definitely the way to go. I would still love to have a wicked edge, but they are just too $$$ for me. I've seen where people built there own WE style sharpeners with good results. I'm tempted to try that someday.
The Worksharp Precision Adjustment looks really nice too and they will be introducing more grits before long. I wonder if they plan on creating a two paddle system eventually.

I've read that you shouldn't pull the tip of the blade completely across the belt or you will round the edge. So, just a warning. I really need to put a list in my WS box that says what knives were sharpened at what angles and what grit I finished on.
I got a hard plastic toolbox from someone that fits my WS and belts. I think you can get then from Walmart for a few dollars. Cheap, but works.

They take a little getting used to, but a great system. Would love to try the grinder attachment. If you prefer convex edges, the WS is definitely the way to go. I would still love to have a wicked edge, but they are just too $$$ for me. I've seen where people built there own WE style sharpeners with good results. I'm tempted to try that someday.
The Worksharp Precision Adjustment looks really nice too and they will be introducing more grits before long. I wonder if they plan on creating a two paddle system eventually.

I've read that you shouldn't pull the tip of the blade completely across the belt or you will round the edge. So, just a warning. I really need to put a list in my WS box that says what knives were sharpened at what angles and what grit I finished on.
I got a hard plastic toolbox from someone that fits my WS and belts. I think you can get then from Walmart for a few dollars. Cheap, but works.

I've watched a few YouTube videos on it and yes, they say to stop the blade tip halfway thru the belt or it will round it off.

Back
Top Bottom