• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just out of curiosity and for those that have children 18yrs and older. What are their plans for a career?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
What are your kids doing and what advice or options have you given them?
Join the military
College
Trade school
Youtuber
Apprenticeship to a trade

After spending over $100,000 of my family money none of my 3 kids finished college.
-My Oldest daughter went to college with a softball n Science Scholarship, quit after her 3rd year. She is now making 6-figures for a large Liqour n Wine company.
-My Oldest son quit college and served with the 10th Mountain Division. He has completed every course that you need in computer maintenance. Refuses, any help from me, is trying to do it on his own. He maintains 4 Buildings for the Government.
- My youngest son is a complete dumbass, quit school over a 100% ugly girl, the Dumbass did not tell me he quit and here I am paying for his college classes. He finally got a Good job with a company vehicle, I told him not to speak to me unless the SHTF , the Dumbass is a crack shot with a rifle.
What ever you tell your kids, tell the no crap degrees like ,Transgender studies, Black history, or humanity. The money is in Business, or Homeland security. Good luck.

Oldest 21 is a senior in college. Wanting to be a full time Youth Pastor. Currently has a part time position with local chruch as a youth group leader. Second oldest 20 in school for the Funeral Industry. Third oldest 17 will be 18 in a few months wants to go Army and be SF. The twin 12 yr olds, who knows.

I told my kids the same thing my dad told me:

Military
Trade school
College

My son dual enrolled as a junior in high school in automotive technologies. Graduated May 2021 and has been working as a mechanic. Getting ready to start ASE cert classes soon.

23 year old daughter has aspbergers so trying to get back to schooling. Love them both and at least the try to hustle

Twin boys. Fraternal, not identical. Turn 18 next month. Seniors in HS.

My father was a civil engineer. I'm an industrial engineer. Engineering runs in the family.

I spent 20 years and retired out of the GA Army National Guard part time from my regular job. It interferes with your civilian career but is about to become worth it when I start drawing benefits. Your results may vary.

One son just got a conditional acceptance to GA Tech. He has to go to another school for his Freshman year, maintain a 3.3gpa and then he is guaranteed a spot in Summer '23. He plans to study Aerospace Engineering. Rocket scientist, yeah buddy! We are so proud we can't stand it. In state tuition for him will allow us to send our other son out of state for a great education.

The other son doesn't have as good of grades but is hoping to study Mechanical Engineering at a number of colleges. UGA has a program and his mother is a legacy. Fingers crossed he gets in there but we're not holding our breath. Because I'm a vet Mississippi State offers in-state tuition. That may be an option.

And for all those that say the latest generation is sorry. **** you! And the horse you rode in on! Son going to Tech got his lifeguard certification in 10th grade. Second son has been working at a bike shop during the summer/weekends during school for the last two years. Generalize all you want about the latest generation but we did our best to make sure ours were on the track for success.

Stay in school and get a college degree for sure. Easier to do while you're young. Education never hurt anyone. Definitely do it on their own if possible. They'll appreciate it more and be more successful in life.

We told ours that they got 1 shot at college on me……… ya quit-fail then the next decision you’ll make is Army-Navy-Air Force or Marines…… ya ain’t coming back to live in my basement! Son graduated suma cum lade (highest honor) & is finishing L-1 at Uga Law. My daughter is getting ready to graduate suma cum Laude from Wake Forest and intern NCIS -then hopes to work NCIS & Grad School. They both said that they knew we weren’t joking……. Someone once said kids don’t need friends….. they come & go! Kids need parents who will be always be there! I’m my kids friends but always Dad 1st! Proud Papa!

Back
Top Bottom