• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just out of curiosity and for those that have children 18yrs and older. What are their plans for a career?

My kids had no idea what they wanted to do. Both are very smart, but I guess they thought they had the world at their beck and call.. They loafed for awhile. My son finally straightened out and now is a bank manager. He is doing very well. We had to let him feel the consequences of his decisions, before he got on track. My daughter attended nursing school, but had no love for it. We helped her as much as we could, but she quit college. She has a cosmetology license and struggles some, but seems happy. To be fair her mother put a lot of pressure on her to finish college and my daughter rebelled (he mother and I are divorced). I'm a firm believer in letting your kids choose their path, support them in their decisions, but let them face the consequences of their actions.

Didn’t never have kids but from experience I can say I hated school with a passion. Couldn’t never sit still always was on the move. Soon as I finish school teacher at my graduation said to me “son I hope to never see you again”. Haha I was a bit of a Hard A** to him to be fair. After that I applied for a passport and left the country for a few years came back and with everything that’s going on I might leave again haha. Now I’m currently into psychology after my old job.

Son will be at Ga Tech in a year or so, kid has NEVER asked me for money, always got a side hustle on, will make way more money than me.

Daughter, not sure, finally figured out studying, but she is a social creature. Great grades, not sure which college for her....

We have discussed trade school, HVAC, plumbing, etc. In a position to help them start a service business and feed them business to maintain a baseline, but we will see.

Daughter of 34 is district manager for PetSmart grooming salons. She is in charge of about 15+ stores in N. Ga to Tenn …the grooming salons in some stores have doggie hotels for overnight boarding and daytime play.
They have a $$ making biz …. if they are run correctly , they are constantly booked up for grooming.

- My youngest son is a complete dumbass, quit school over a 100% ugly girl

Haha yeah I did that once. She was crazy and a total train wreck but man she could suck start a lawn mower. When I was 19 it wasn't hard for her to talk me into bad decisions.

I don't have any kids but sounds like most of y'alls are well on their way. I stumbled around for a few years after high school and my parents were worried about me as well. However by my mid-twenties I had a 4-year business degree and a pilot's license. The real world is complicated, sometimes it takes a while to figure it out.

And at least nobody mentioned social media "influencers" or only fans.

4 daughters
My oldest is 30 and put herself through college. She is a GS12 Economist for the government living on her own in Maryland.
My 21yr old hasn't quite got it figured out and won't follow advice even after asking for it.
My 19yr old lives with severe migraines but is off the charts smart, painter and taught herself piano at age 6.
My youngest is 18 and is looking to get into the Trident Refit Facility Apprenticeship program. They pay for 4yrs of college and trade school. Books and everything paid for as well as being paid $16hr while attending, paid days off and benefits.

Back
Top Bottom