• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just rescued.....updated and pics

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
a pair of dogs dumped at a chemical at exit 12 off of I-16, we live in Roberta so it was little bit of a drive. Not sure of what they are, either ''Boxer'' mix or ''Pit'' mix. We have determined that they are sisters. One's a little larger than the other and they have similar markings. Malnourished, a few sores, shedding hair and skin fakes. Teeth are very clean which surprised us. These two are in love with my wife and I. They are such loving dogs and am really surprised that someone would dump such beautiful animals.
Well we are trying to fatten them up and worm them before their first vet visit for shots and check up. Already seeing signs of their coats getting shiny and less skin flacks. I figurin' that the largest one will go about 100 to 125 lbs when shes healthy and the smaller one 75 to 100 lbs.
Going to start walking them around the property today to get them familiar with the boundaries and to get them used to being around our other ''Pit/ Shepard'' mix.
Lookin' forward to havin' a couple of new found friends gettin' a new lease on life.

***********Update***********

They have been given flea and tick meds and had their 1st bath yesterday. Their fur is coming back and their skin is no longer flaking off. Eating very well and starting to put on some weight. Walking them around the property getting them used to their boundaries. The wife and I have figured out that they are ''American Pits''. Very sweet, loving and grateful pups. Not sure of their age, I'll let the vet figure that one out. I don't think they're much past a year old.
Anyway here are a couple of three pics for now. Not that great but give you an idea of what they look like.
Thanks your support and comments. God bless.

0907191859[1].jpg
0907191859a[1].jpg
0907191901[1].jpg

a pair of dogs dumped at a chemical at exit 12 off of I-16, we live in Roberta so it was little bit of a drive. Not sure of what they are, either ''Boxer'' mix or ''Pit'' mix. We have determined that they are sisters. One's a little larger than the other and they have similar markings. Malnourished, a few sores, shedding hair and skin fakes. Teeth are very clean which surprised us. These two are in love with my wife and I. They are such loving dogs and am really surprised that someone would dump such beautiful animals.
Well we are trying to fatten them up and worm them before their first vet visit for shots and check up. Already seeing signs of their coats getting shiny and less skin flacks. I figurin' that the largest one will go about 100 to 125 lbs when shes healthy and the smaller one 75 to 100 lbs.
Going to start walking them around the property today to get them familiar with the boundaries and to get them used to being around our other ''Pit/ Shepard'' mix.
Lookin' forward to havin' a couple of new found friends gettin' a new lease on life.

I'll post some pics later.

Awesome! Good for you saving these animals. My experience with rescues is that they know what you have done and are very appreciative for it!

Share some pics,you would be amazed at the amount of animals,dumped on the side of the rd.i guess those cute puppies and kittens grow up.

Reactions: Nat

Your a good Man.

Reactions: MRH

inclined.jpg
:)

Back
Top Bottom