• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just what in the heck.....

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
does it mean ''heavy in my favor''? You have a firearm you post as worth $600 but want a trade value of $800 or trade must be ''heavy in my favor''. Is it worth $600 or $800? What does weight have to do with it? Soon as I see ''heavy in my favor'' I'm out don't care what it is.

Ok rant over, let the mud slingin' begin.

Example - Keltec P11 - Cash sale - $175, Trade Value - Colt Python

iu-3.jpeg

Here's what I think -

Seller REALLY would prefer cash. If he takes a trade he doesn't want - he's going to have to turn around and sell it or trade it. Yet another transaction and yet more time spent trying to recoup his original value. What a hassle!

To me it just means they really want the cash and don't want to have to deal with something they don't want to keep.

That's the way I see it.

Here's what I think -

Seller REALLY would prefer cash. If he takes a trade he doesn't want - he's going to have to turn around and sell it or trade it. Yet another transaction and yet more time spent trying to recoup his original value. What a hassle!

To me it just means they really want the cash and don't want to have to deal with something they don't want to keep.

That's the way I see it.

This ^^^^^^^^

But it is still fun to gripe about!

Here's what I think -

That's the way I see it.
That's a good perspective I hadn't considered. Another way of looking at it, is if he says he doesn't accept trades people will complain about that too. So he's saying if you want to trade it has to be on his terms.

Funny, I buy 10/22 parts to build up a fancy azz raffle that will shoot gnats off a dog's pecker and I end up forking over $1,400 or $1,500 by the time I put a scope on it. Then, when I "test the waters" of the River Ruger to see what it's worth, the value is around $450 - $500.

So for me, it's always "heavy in YOUR favor"! Sumthin' ain't raht, here!

Back
Top Bottom