• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just what in the heck.....

Here's what I think -

Seller REALLY would prefer cash. If he takes a trade he doesn't want - he's going to have to turn around and sell it or trade it. Yet another transaction and yet more time spent trying to recoup his original value. What a hassle!

To me it just means they really want the cash and don't want to have to deal with something they don't want to keep.

That's the way I see it.

Just say no.

The answer to this problem is stop wasting money trying to buy skill, training and good practice is where it's at. You can have a stupid accurate 10/22 for not much money. Burning $1500 on a custom 22LR semiauto and expecting to get your money back out of it is insanity.
You obviously don't know me at all!

Here's what I think -

Seller REALLY would prefer cash. If he takes a trade he doesn't want - he's going to have to turn around and sell it or trade it. Yet another transaction and yet more time spent trying to recoup his original value. What a hassle!

To me it just means they really want the cash and don't want to have to deal with something they don't want to keep.

That's the way I see it.

On a certain intellectual, theoretical basis that makes sense.

So let's assume for the sake of discussion that you are correct.

So you have your POS that you will take $600 for, but you think has a trade value of $800.

And I have my POS that's worth $600 cash, so if I declare it to have a trade value of $850, don't we trade, and you give me $50 boot?

Isn't that way that works.

On a certain intellectual, theoretical basis that makes sense.

So let's assume for the sake of discussion that you are correct.

So you have your POS that you will take $600 for, but you think has a trade value of $800.

And I have my POS that's worth $600 cash, so if I declare it to have a trade value of $850, don't we trade, and you give me $50 boot?

Isn't that way that works.

I have no idea how it works - all of my feedback is for helping my wife sell soap - I don't personally own any firearms...

Only thing that matters is that you and the seller come to an agreement.

And from what I've read lately, those kinds of agreements are few and far between.

Back
Top Bottom