• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just when we think we have it bad, life steps up and shows you different.

Allow me - I speak jive......

Home boy is saying in his opinion, a veteran that makes what he might consider as bad life decisions, is not worthy of assistance or emphathy based purely on having served their country.

He does, however, seem to hold veterinarians in high esteem.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Pretty dang impressive you understood that.

I guess my answer to Mr. jive is pretty simple: You have a choice in life to make, you can either step over that Veteran and ignore him like he is invisible or you can choose to stop and ask if he needs help. I choose to stop. He never asked for money and just asked for warmth so it was an easy decision.

I heard a story that a father and son were on a boy scout camping trip on a chilly night. They had a gas lantern and brought it inside the tent to try to warm up. They went to sleep. The flame in the lantern consumed all of the oxygen in the tent and both the father and son died.

If he's using a propane heater I hope the tent is well ventilated.

This also happened at Knob creek and killed a father and a son.

I sat beside a lady on the flight to SLC today , we started talking and shes a board member of Shepherd Center in ATL

We started discussing the whole origin of it and so forth.

I realized that the stuff I get bent out of shape @ most of the time is trivial at best.

Good on you OP

Pretty dang impressive you understood that.

I guess my answer to Mr. jive is pretty simple: You have a choice in life to make, you can either step over that Veteran and ignore him like he is invisible or you can choose to stop and ask if he needs help. I choose to stop. He never asked for money and just asked for warmth so it was an easy decision.

I respect your decision. I have things I will donate. I, have a Like new . Gov issued Sleeping bag the good Winter one, Blankets, and other stuff. NOT a handout just one Veteran helping another Vet. or I will Donate $20.

A guy living here locally, posted on FB that he wanted to borrow a propane heater for these cold nights because he is homeless. I am the world's biggest skeptic for folks that ask for help on FB. He wasn't asking for money or free stuff and just wanted to borrow one. Turns out he is a 16yr medically retired Army veteran on disability but through bad choices and a recent divorce finds himself living in a tent here behind Zaxby's in the woods. He does have a job working the front desk at a hotel. He is saving his money while paying 1/2 to child support but hasn't the funds to move from the tent to a place to live. I verified his story with a coworker who's dad I used to work with. This type of person is looking for a hand up and not a hand out. Real nice guy and not someone scamming. He didn't ask me for a dollar while I was standing there talking to him. He kept saying he is trying to start over the right way and they are (apparently a girlfriend) in a tent for now but they are doing okay. This type of person I don't mind helping at all.

Just for information. Another member on here verified this guy's story and he did serve in the Army for around 16yrs.

I'm confused...
Homeless and living in a tent but on FB ???? Tent have built-in WiFi ??? And computer/smart phone...

Today I brought a list of items to him at his tent. I wanted to address this legitimate question as I asked him specifically about it. He said he was evicted from his home towards the end of November and still has service available on his phone. The hotel where he works allows him to take a shower and use their computer.

Back
Top Bottom