• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Katsu Curry

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
B9EAA9E6-9325-4376-8FBE-72E1F2805238.jpeg

We lived in Honolulu for a bit. Chicken katsu was a staple at whatever asian restaurant. Oddly enough, I really liked the Loco Moco.

Your dish looks great. I'll bet it tastes just as good.

Loco Moco in all variations is awesome. I always liked chili better than gravy personally.

Loco Moco in all variations is awesome. I always liked chili better than gravy personally.
I'll have to whip some up with Chili some time. Always had it with gravy. My Spanish speaking friends always wondered why I was eating a dish called "crazy snot." Took me a good little bit to eat it again after that translation.

I'll have to whip some up with Chili some time. Always had it with gravy. My Spanish speaking friends always wondered why I was eating a dish called "crazy snot." Took me a good little bit to eat it again after that translation.

I had it traditional with beef patties and gravy, but my favorite was sausage and chili. There was a Loco Moco restaurant near where I lived on the big island. They made it with about every variety of meat and topping you could think of. Eggs and rice never changed. What blew my mind is there was literally no grits in the entire state.... as much as they love carbs.

I had it traditional with beef patties and gravy, but my favorite was sausage and chili. There was a Loco Moco restaurant near where I lived on the big island. They made it with about every variety of meat and topping you could think of. Eggs and rice never changed. What blew my mind is there was literally no grits in the entire state.... as much as they love carbs.
Haha no joke! I didn't ever spend a lot of time on the big island, only a few times me and a group of riders had our bikes shipped over for a few days to ride. Fly in, ride, ship bikes back, fly home.

That restaurant has the right idea. I might have to make a southern version with smoked meat and barbecue. Challenge accepted. Might have to work some Spam Musubi into the mix. Dang, I'm going to have to do all this and listen to island 98.5 on iheart radio again. That'll bring back some nostalgia while I'm cooking.

Back
Top Bottom