• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kauffman tire wifi antigun?

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
im in Kauffman. I can post on the ODT, but I cannot visit any website that sells guns or ammo.

I can go to amazon. I can cop to eBay. I can go to the Goldman Sachs and the IRS website (so that rules out their filter being based on morality)

wtf. says blocked by a network filter policy lol.

im in Kauffman. I can post on the ODT, but I cannot visit any website that sells guns or ammo.

I can go to amazon. I can cop to eBay. I can go to the Goldman Sachs and the IRS website (so that rules out their filter being based on morality)

wtf. says blocked by a network filter policy lol.

More than likely their IT guy that implements their policy is a flaming liberal. Call them on it and if they dont give you a good answer, take your business elsewhere.

More than likely their IT guy that implements their policy is a flaming liberal. Call them on it and if they dont give you a good answer, take your business elsewhere.
meh maybe. I'm already here but if they have an antigun policy I wasn't aware of I would have went to pep boys or something instead for tires

Lots of retail sites use 3rd party vendors to supply their wifi hotspots, and these vendors typically have their default filters on wifi, and 'weapons' is typically a category on them. Most retail places don't support wifi themselves, they contract it out.

You can leave a complaint with corporate, and if enough people do maybe they will contact the vendor about loosening up the filters, but I'm sure they keep it as generic and locked down as possible 'just in case'.

At the end of the day, you are using a free service they provide, so they can set the rules.

Lots of sites use 3rd party filters on wifi, and 'weapons' is typically a category on them.

You can leave a complain with corporate, but in general you are using a free service they provide, so they can set the rules.
ya I just think its funny that you cant even look at guns you can legally buy online without triggering folks.

I think ill pull up a super violent movie on youtube or something

A lot of the times if they are running a firewall like a sonicwall or something it will have some stuff blocked by default like guns/weapons/anything fun really. People plug them up to stay safe but don't really fine tune them because they don't care, they just don't want their work computers turned into crypto miners or hosting some stupid game in russia.

He should be looking for a better tire shop! Those dudes have always been overpriced when I shop tires.

Back
Top Bottom