• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak advice needed...

But the price? I love my Cuda12, but once I got it completely rigged and bought a trailer for it, I've got almost $3000 in it.
It ain't cheap to do what we do. I'm more into the angling side of it. And I totally get what you're saying. It is expensive. But save up, buy once, and you'll never look back

It ain't cheap to do what we do. I'm more into the angling side of it. And I totally get what you're saying. It is expensive. But save up, buy once, and you'll never look back
Yep. This Cuda12 is the first yak I have ever owned, but when I decided I was going to go this rout I did a lot of research beforehand and it has paid off big time. I'll never need another yak for the rest of my life and I can't think of a way this one could be better. It's simply perfect for my needs as a fisherman.

Though I am thinking about adding a small electric motor. Just enough to keep it moving when I'm setting out my free lined Blue Backs for Stripers.

Jackson, Jackson, Jackson....

I've had a Coosa for the last couple years and its the best boat in every category. I mostly fish rivers so I needed something stable enough to fish in but also short enough to maneuver through rocks and tight lines. Coosa does both. I can even stand up and fly-fish in it. My advice would be to bump up that budget a bit and go after some used jacksons. in the yak world, you absolutely get what you pay for.

ECF9E524-4AFD-4431-AF4C-97F2912A814A.jpeg
9B28C682-E3D8-42F1-AA43-D6BAD016CD41.jpeg
Definitely, definitely, definitively, get two yaks! She starts complaining, paddle away, lol.

Search Craigslist and other sites for used kayaks. People buy them, use them one time and never use them again and you can usually pick them up cheap!!

I had a 10’ sit inside kayak which was okay, but sucked for fishing. I just bought a used Native a Slayer 14.5 sit on top kayak and love the room. It’s huge! If you plan on spending hours on a yak, make sure you get one with a comfortable seat (mine has two seat heights that you can choose from) and plenty of leg room to stretch out!

Good luck....

Ready to take the plunge.
Wish I had the budget for a SP Hobie with pedal power.

Mainly want to have Yaks to go with the RV.
Want to go fishing.
Assuming the wife will go with.
We've both rented singles, doubles and canoes.
I grew up in FL and have a fair amount of river time under my belt.
I've also been Yaking off the beach a few times fishing too.
We camp near rivers, lakes, springs, and beach it a few times a year.

Would you buy 2 singles or a dual seater?

Budget is 700-1k including goodies.

Currently looking at 2 options.
2x Lifetime Wally World fishing yaks. $250-300
Or a Vibe Skipjack 120T. $700
She's down either way.

Tax man is hooking me up.
What do you think?

NEVER EVER BUY A TANDUM KAYAK.
its called the divorce boat for a reason.
hooks in your face, hooks to the back of the head, ive seen it.
no thank you.

If you ever get hooked up with a 15 lb Japanese amberjack or yellowtail on the ocean. It’ ll take you for the ride of your life.

I have.

The use of slang, especially in a title is risky at best.

Buddy of mine caught this in the keys on a ride on top vibe kayak
20170611_121554.png

I agree with most on here, 2 singles for sure. I currently fish a Jackson Coosa but it's not all that great for open waters. Comfortable seating (hi-lo) is big these days and most mid-range fishing yaks have an option for that. The Vibe Sea Ghost looks awesome and the price is pretty nice.

20180217_093540.jpg

Back
Top Bottom