• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak fishers questions on Boats

View attachment 1228777

Anyone know if this way of traveling with my yaks is illegal? They stick out on each side of my car (a foot or two on each side) but I've driven twice like this but down back roads... planning to drive about 45 minutes with them tomorrow...
I'd be really uncomfortable doing that. But I'm not sure there's any reg against it. Sure makes loading/unloading easier!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

View attachment 1228777

Anyone know if this way of traveling with my yaks is illegal? They stick out on each side of my car (a foot or two on each side) but I've driven twice like this but down back roads... planning to drive about 45 minutes with them tomorrow...

8.5' is max width on a trailer I believe. Are those 8ft yaks?

View attachment 1228777

Now that looks like a good way to get the Kayaks to the lake. Time to buy an 8' Kayak....

8.5' is max width on a trailer I believe. Are those 8ft yaks?
8.6 is Max length. They have an 8.6 Kayak at Dicks Sporting Goods. I'm waiting for it to go on sale and that will be my sot kayak that I can use with the Cargo Carrier. The kayak on my roof rack is 10'. Heading to Lake Lanier with my daughter now. Thanks Glockgirl for giving me another option to haul kayaks to the lake!

IMG_20170719_112912468_HDR.jpg

8.6 is Max length. They have an 8.6 Kayak at Dicks Sporting Goods. I'm waiting for it to go on sale and that will be my sot kayak that I can use with the Cargo Carrier. The kayak on my roof rack is 10'. Heading to Lake Lanier with my daughter now. Thanks Glockgirl for giving me another option to haul kayaks to the lake!

View attachment 1248666

8.5' = 8' 6" :boink:

Back
Top Bottom