• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak fishing the Florida Keys.

No I haven't ,but man that sounds cool. I found this picture on the Internet and think this would be cool also.
image.jpg

sounds like a awesome trip! but ive seen one to many vidoes on the interwebz of close encounters with sharks on kayaks to ever make me wanna put my kayak in saltwater haha!!

I'm thinking about driving down to the Keys in a few weeks and doing some kayak fishing along the Ocean Highway. Do any of you have any experience with this?

Long key state park has great flats and Bones frequent when the weather is right, little boat traffic. Also a little south of Duck key has some good flats as well and some smaller deep channels that are a nice highway for them coming and going. Spent m,any years kayak fishing Mosquito Lagoon for Reds until it got crazy crowded. Loved those days

sounds like a awesome trip! but ive seen one to many vidoes on the interwebz of close encounters with sharks on kayaks to ever make me wanna put my kayak in saltwater haha!!

And that's why I'll have a 48 inch bang stick on board. Many years ago my Dad hooked a HUGE hammerhead while in a small boat in the keys. It dragged him several miles over about a three hour period and he finally had to cut it lose.

Back
Top Bottom