• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

First King for the year at sunnyside.

Attachments

• 7617CE94-7FEE-442B-9DA6-E29613943D25.jpeg
    7617CE94-7FEE-442B-9DA6-E29613943D25.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 35
i have a question.

any of you guys using a trolling motor on your kayak?
not a kit that you bought but one you cut down or fashioned up in some way to make it work?

ok second question, anybody tried powering their motor via a jump box rather than a big ass battery?

i have a question.

any of you guys using a trolling motor on your kayak?
not a kit that you bought but one you cut down or fashioned up in some way to make it work?

ok second question, anybody tried powering their motor via a jump box rather than a big ass battery?
You need a deep cycle battery for long, slow draw like a trolling motor. Jump boxes are for starting, not for running.

Got out Friday on the Hooch. Browns were biting. It was the first time either me or my buddy had been out in probably 2+ years. If either had been able to fish even half as much as we were jerking around with our gear, we'd have loaded the boats! :lol:
We each landed 7 or 8. I only caught one rainbow, all the rest were browns. Their color was amazing. I had big fish but was probably only 14".
I had forgotten all the gear I need to replace. :mmph:
It was a GREAT day, cloud cover, fog the whole time and not another human on the river (Settles to McGinnis).
So nice.

Got out Friday on the Hooch. Browns were biting. It was the first time either me or my buddy had been out in probably 2+ years. If either had been able to fish even half as much as we were jerking around with our gear, we'd have loaded the boats! :lol:
We each landed 7 or 8. I only caught one rainbow, all the rest were browns. Their color was amazing. I had big fish but was probably only 14".
It was a GREAT day, cloud cover, fog the whole time and not another human on the river (Settles to McGinnis).
So nice.

i know the feeling.

So nice.

Big fish? Pics....or....you know the saying!

Sounds like fun. I have never paddled the Hooch.

Back
Top Bottom