• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keeping a firearm at work without carry permit?

Theres been alot of burglaries and robberies in close vacinity to where I work, yesterday a guy broke into some employees cars (breaking windows, stealing gps' and an empty purse sitting in a back seat), and today I witnessed the same guy in our parking lot looking into cars. I followed him through the shopping center while on the phone with police untill they (finally) arrived. After 3 minutes of questioning, maybe, they released him because we didnt have any proof, all of our security cameras are on the inside. Our building is on the back side of the shopping center by the loading docks, and as Im walking back, the guy comes running at me yelling and screaming, calling me every name there is, he told me he knows where I work, and hes going to follow me home when I get off and kill me and my family, also stated he was going to shoot up our business. At one point he got in my face and acted as though he was going to hit me, after threatening he was going to kill me, beat me up, so on and so forth. Police did not charge him with terroristic threats because, again, no proof, nobody who was shopping and saw what happend stayed around for the 30 minutes it took Dekalb county's finest to re-respond. I looked the guy up on ojs and his criminal record is extensive. The whole thing has made me extremely nervous, as well as my boss. I do NOT have my carry permit, i plan on getting it in the near future but in the mean time, can I keep my gun at work with me? Our building is leased but there is no clause stating that we are prohibited from having guns on the property, the security on site said we could though im not completely confident in his advice. My boss is aware that I would like to keep it with me and is fine with that. I keep a gun in my car but am I allowed to have it under the front desk while Im working? ..... oh yeah, I cant wait to get out of Dekalb County!!!.......

Your a much more patient man than I am. If someone was in my face screaming and threatening to kill my family, I would have turned his lights out for him, and dealt with the consequences. I applaud you for being so level headed.

No need for a permit if its in your vehicle...If its on your person you do need one. Other than that if you have laptops,gps, or anything I suggest you take it with you or put it in the trunk. Other than that you will be ok with a firearm in your vehicle WITHOUT a permit.

If you decide to carry for self protection, you really need to get some training. ....

If you don't have the skills, a gun is a liability not an asset.

This.

Remember: If you carry a gun, every fight you are ever in could involve a gun - because you brought one.

Nothing could suck worse than getting shot by your own gun.

Back
Top Bottom