• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kelly's Heroes - Filming Locations - Then and Now

How awesome would 'Saving Private Ryan' have been if you didn't see any blood on Omaha Beach?

The movies are very different genres. One is an comedy/action film, the other is a docu-drama. They each have soundtracks appropriate to the type of movie.

I saw Saving Private Ryan at the theater when it came out & I've seen the different edited versions on TV and yes the realistic war violence (or lack of) is noticeable.
But the movie is a war drama, not a documentary.
Band of Brothers was more of a documentary as it portrayed real people and real events.

I agree that Kellys Heroes was more satirical and maybe even anti-war considering the year it was made but for me the soundtrack is a distraction.

But the movie is a war drama, not a documentary.

Hence the term "docudrama." Admittedly more drama than documentary, since the central plot is fictional, while only the historical context is actual.

Band of Brothers was more of a documentary as it portrayed real people and real events.

Also considered a docudrama, although more documentary than drama.

I agree that Kellys Heroes was more satirical and maybe even anti-war considering the year it was made but for me the soundtrack is a distraction.

I wouldn't change a thing about it.

LOW BALL OFFERS NEVER ACCEPTED.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom