• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keltec RDB Review

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
I have just acquired 2 bullpup rifles and will be reviewing each of them to give my impressions of each one.
The first up is the KelTec RDB in 223.
Let me say first that my only experience with bullpups has been with the Steyr Aug and I did not like that one at all.
I also am mostly a Military surplus shooter and do have a few AR platform rifles that I like as well.
So with all of that said here is my review on the RDB.
First off getting used to holding and learning the controls on any new rifle is sometimes a challenge but with the RDB that was not the case, it was not intuitive but it was not clunkey like you would think it would be.
The safety was thought out well and placed in a good spot on the rifle.
The Magazine release is OK and not to hard to get used to and the bolt release is in an OK spot.
The best Surprise was the trigger and that was pleasant and measured at 5.2lbs Average.
I shot the rifle as pictured with the Sig Red Dot and it was easy to get sighted in at 25 yards the moved to 50 yards and that was the max distance I shot this one this time (Will put a better scope on it and shoot 100 yards later), Me and my son ran 100 rounds each through this rifle.
Groups at 25 yards with Crap ammo (steel case ammo) was around 1 inch average and at 50 yards you would think a lot bigger but not to bad coming in at 1.75 Average with the red dot and steel case ammo.
I have some match grade and will use that when I go back to the range with a scope on the rifle so I can better determine the Accuracy.
In using the rifle for Drills so far I like how fast it will transition as I move around corners and how well it points quickly at targets.
I never thought I would like a bullpup rifle but this one has changed my opinion of them.
Now the real question is would I grab this one in an emergency situation, well no I would not as like most I have more training with an AR platform and would grab my SBR in 223 much quicker, but if I could not get to the AR would I grab this one, well the answer is YES I would and feel comfortable using it.
I will be Training more with Bullpup rifles now and getting more familiar with them as I now like this platform and who knows maybe in an emergency I will grab one of these over a AR platform soon.
Will update this post when I shoot at greater distance, with and without a suppressor.

3.jpg
4.jpg

Any functioning problems show up ?
Not a single functioning issue, and I tried 3 different magazine manufactures and all work flawlessly.
Of course I used a P-Mag as it comes with those.
1. Lancer 20 rounders and 30 rounders
2. Old Colt 20 rounders
3. Promag 30 rounders (was just curious if they would work).

Good to hear of some trouble free shooting ! I traded into one a few years ago, but have never had a chance to shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom