• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kemp sets the stage for a new Georgia fight over gun rights

1. I can’t trust Ralston no further than I can throw him ;he’s a pretty biggen’). Don’t hold your breath on a CC bill.
2. I’ve gotta stick with Kemp. I’d rather trust the enemy I know vs the enemy I don’t know. Perdue has been around politics long enough & couldn’t hold his own against a lib then what different now.

We are coming to the point of no return in Georgia politics. The GOP has controlled the state legislature since Sonny Perdue was elected in 2003. Over 18 years of GOP rule.

Some things they have done that I like is to drop the ad valorem taxes on my cars when I renew my tags :thumb: , stop flying the Johnny Reb battle flag at the state capital :thumb: ,and stop celebrating Robert E Lee's birthday as a Georgia state holiday :thumb:. All of this is good for attracting business to our state.

The Congressional and State representative district's have been gerrymandered to ensure GOP control for the next 20 plus years. However state wide elections for US Senator and the Governor are not limited to gerrymandered districts so Warnock , Ossof and Abrams can compete and win these elections. IMO, if you win statewide that is a true reflection of the majority in a state. Get ready for gridlock in Georgia.

" I believe the United States Constitution grants the citizens of our state the right to carry a firearm without state government approval.”

True, seems to completely escape him that the constitution does not "grant" firearms rights, it merely points out that firearms ownership is an innate right of free peoples, not to be infringed by government. Very presumptuous in a bad way to carry the mindset that rights are 'granted' because that which is 'granted' can in theory be taken away.

wut.jpg

Back
Top Bottom