• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kemp sets the stage for a new Georgia fight over gun rights

I think it's a political stunt,
and I wouldn't put it past the governor to tell key legislators that he doesn't really want to see this pass in Georgia; he just wants to put on a show for the gun nuts and right wingers, so they'll get motivated to come out and vote for him instead of saying home and saying "all these politicians suck."
Pandering to the base.
"If it can be taxed than it isn't a right".

We are coming to the point of no return in Georgia politics. The GOP has controlled the state legislature since Sonny Perdue was elected in 2003. Over 18 years of GOP rule.

Some things they have done that I like is to drop the ad valorem taxes on my cars when I renew my tags :thumb: , stop flying the Johnny Reb battle flag at the state capital :thumb: ,and stop celebrating Robert E Lee's birthday as a Georgia state holiday :thumb:. All of this is good for attracting business to our state.

The Congressional and State representative district's have been gerrymandered to ensure GOP control for the next 20 plus years. However state wide elections for US Senator and the Governor are not limited to gerrymandered districts so Warnock , Ossof and Abrams can compete and win these elections. IMO, if you win statewide that is a true reflection of the majority in a state. Get ready for gridlock in Georgia.
And it's still a Johnny Reb Flag that flies over Georgia....

We are coming to the point of no return in Georgia politics. The GOP has controlled the state legislature since Sonny Perdue was elected in 2003. Over 18 years of GOP rule.

Some things they have done that I like is to drop the ad valorem taxes on my cars when I renew my tags :thumb: , stop flying the Johnny Reb battle flag at the state capital :thumb: ,and stop celebrating Robert E Lee's birthday as a Georgia state holiday :thumb:. All of this is good for attracting business to our state.

The Congressional and State representative district's have been gerrymandered to ensure GOP control for the next 20 plus years. However state wide elections for US Senator and the Governor are not limited to gerrymandered districts so Warnock , Ossof and Abrams can compete and win these elections. IMO, if you win statewide that is a true reflection of the majority in a state. Get ready for gridlock in Georgia.

And I see some folks don’t like how ga is.. maybe you should leave and go back to the state that you came from
The sooner they leave the better....

Back
Top Bottom