• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kentucky could become the 15th state in the nation to adopt a permitless carry law.

While constitutional carry is great, we still need carry permits in order to enjoy reciprocity with other states, so in the end, you still need the permit...

Until we have National Reciprocity, which I don't believe we will ever get, these small victories are largely symbolic. Unless those states that adopt Constitutional Carry apply it to citizens from other states...

We had both Houses of Congress and a President who said he would sign it if it came to his desk, and we still couldn't even get it through the Senate. Now that the Dems control the House, it's not even on the radar...

We had both Houses of Congress and a President who said he would sign it if it came to his desk, and we still couldn't even get it through the Senate. Now that the Dems control the House, it's not even on the radar...

THIS

What a waste of 2 years of opportunity. Spineless assholes, more worried about what people that HATE THEM think...

It amazes me that they are willing to bend over backwards for people that oppose everything they do, regardless of how good it is for the country.

I'm so over politics.

As for the topic at hand, hey.. at least it shows that KY is a place you DON'T want to move to from Cali or NYC (unless you're escaping), and I'm all about that.

My hope is that if enough states go Constitutional Carry and they apply it to anyone legally allowed to own a gun regardless of their state, then in effect we would get national reciprocity via the states themselves.

But I would say that the reality is that the only states that will go that route, are the ones that already honor our permits, so in the end this won't actually help us carry in more states...

And of course there are a handful of states that will never allow constitutional carry, no matter what...

We have another thread that explains why Georgia is "different" and despite being Republican controlled you are supposed to be happy with nibbling around the edge and getting other rights restored. The unConstitutional permission slip/tax/invasive background check/de facto registration will just have to wait. Since we are trending to blue, I guess we'll get permitless carry sometime after CW2.

We have another thread that explains why Georgia is "different" and despite being Republican controlled you are supposed to be happy with nibbling around the edge and getting other rights restored. The unConstitutional permission slip/tax/invasive background check/de facto registration will just have to wait. Since we are trending to blue, I guess we'll get permitless carry sometime after CW2.

I am happy that it is a small step in the right direction, but in the end it doesn't really change anything for me. I still need the permit to carry in other states, I still need the permit to speed up purchases and the NICS check, and I still can't carry in 16 states whether we have constitutional carry or not.

Anyone who is serious about carrying a gun will likely wish to carry at least in surrounding states, and so they still need the permit...

It's an ideological victory more than a practical one, IMHO.

I am happy that it is a small step in the right direction, but in the end it doesn't really change anything for me. I still need the permit to carry in other states, I still need the permit to speed up purchases and the NICS check, and I still can't carry in 16 states whether we have constitutional carry or not.

Anyone who is serious about carrying a gun will likely wish to carry at least in surrounding states, and so they still need the permit...

It's an ideological victory more than a practical one, IMHO.
It is FAR more than that. Other states putting a requirement on you that you CHOOSE to submit to is one thing. Your home state MANDATING an infringement in order to exercise a right is quite another. Thousands would be able to legally carry including many who do not currently, without need or concern about receprocity.

It is FAR more than that. Other states putting a requirement on you that you CHOOSE to submit to is one thing. Your home state MANDATING an infringement in order to exercise a right is quite another. Thousands would be able to legally carry including many who do not currently, without need or concern about receprocity.

Well frankly, the Second Amendment is a federal right, not a state one, so none of them should be doing any of what they are doing.

I am not saying that const carry isn't a good thing... just saying that in practical, day to day situations, I still need the permit... This won't change that.

Back
Top Bottom