• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keymod rail

Ferguson0089

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   1
Reaction score
I'm about to start a ar build. I have the lower the upper the barrel the gas block and tube the forward assist the dust cover the butt stock the flash hinder the pistol grip. Now I'm looking for a key mod rail. I've watched plenty of videos on how to instAll it. But I have one question and I know this is probably a dumb question. But what are the thread on the inside of the rail for it it doesn't screw into anything

That looks like a picture of the rail with the barrel nut in it.

Also, you have two options with that rail.Use a gig adjustable wrench and bubba tighten it, or buy a specific crows foot to properly torque it. I doubt it is a standard size like a Noveske NSR barrel nut.

That looks like a picture of the rail with the barrel nut in it.

Also, you have two options with that rail.Use a gig adjustable wrench and bubba tighten it, or buy a specific crows foot to properly torque it. I doubt it is a standard size like a Noveske NSR barrel nut.
Ok thanks for the info. Would you recommend any other rails around that price

Slim pickings at $70. Only other that, only other one I know that is that cheap is GunTec. They offer an even cheaper quality aluminum barrel nut though.
Thanks man. I've got a daniel defense barrel and flash hinder. Skyjacker lower and sig upper gotta go cheaper the rest of the way. Oh and a bcm gas block has tube came with the barrel. And a daniel defense buttsrock

I've bought a couple of the keymod rails on eBay. They are surprisingly good quality. I cerakoted them and when I blasted the anodizing off, I was impressed with the quality of the anodizing quality. They comes with a barrel but and keymod rails too. About 60-70 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom