• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keymod rails

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I just traded into a DD rifle with the factory 15" keymod rail on it. I love the rifle. I don't think I'm a fan of the keymod. I like the way it looks though. I wouldn't mind it except it's keymod on the bottom also. They should have left the bottom picatinny IMO.

Not really bitching about it...just unsure. Is this thing gonna grow on me? Or am I right?

Just looking for other opinions. I'm not an operator by any means but this is a little annoying.

I don't understand the whole keymod thing. I get the point. It's lighter and you just put on sections where you need it. However, it's definitely an acquired look.

You're right. But I've had slim rails (Midwest Industries I think) that used bolt-on rail sections. I'd much rather have that!

The whole thing stems from me wanting to use a DD VFG. But I had to put a keymod rail adaptor on it to mount the VFG since DD doesn't make a keymod one. And I hate using adaptors. It just looks hokey.

You're right. But I've had slim rails (Midwest Industries I think) that used bolt-on rail sections. I'd much rather have that!

The whole thing stems from me wanting to use a DD VFG. But I had to put a keymod rail adaptor on it to mount the VFG since DD doesn't make a keymod one. And I hate using adaptors. It just looks hokey.

I guess it all depends on how you hold you rifle and what you want on it.. I only have one rail section for a light and use a keymod hand stop.

It's just the "newest" thing for no good reason. It saves a few ounces and makes it more slim, but makes it a pain in the butt to attach anything. I have one rifle that has one and I've never bought any adapters for it.

You guys are making good points. I guess I'm frustrated that DD made the rail but then they don't offer a keymod vfg. They make other keymod accessories though.

In the end I think M-Lok will stay and Keymod will fade away. If you have a Keymod rifle get what you want now. I could be wrong.

I do feel like the keymod locks up tighter with less chance of things sliding.

Back
Top Bottom