• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keymod rails

At first it did bother me a little that my keymod always made me think of these
HE303X8.jpg

Me too! Unfortunately, I was already pretty much "keymodded up" before M-Lok became widely known. Too late to switch up now.
I've got both. Don't really have a preference either way. But I have noticed that heavy barrel profiles, mlok and certain gas blocks don't play well together.

I'm not talking about the keymod nut. KM relies on the shoe shaped nut AND a lug built into the accessory body in order to attach securely.
Thanks for the info, I may need to rethink my attachment at a later date. It seemed to work great because the mlok attachment fit directly into the keymod hole to prevent it from moving back and forth. I'm new at AR builds and a certified redneck engineer

I just traded into a DD rifle with the factory 15" keymod rail on it. I love the rifle. I don't think I'm a fan of the keymod. I like the way it looks though. I wouldn't mind it except it's keymod on the bottom also. They should have left the bottom picatinny IMO.

Not really *****ing about it...just unsure. Is this thing gonna grow on me? Or am I right?

Just looking for other opinions. I'm not an operator by any means but this is a little annoying.

I have a DDM4 V5 with the 12" picatinny slim rail on it. If you were closer to Norcross I'd offer to just trade ya - been thinking of switching to a Keymod rail.

So I handled a V11PRO at my LGS yesterday. It had a factory DD vertical grip that was keymod. I cannot find one online anywhere. They are nonexistent online. Even on DD's website, they don't show a keymod vfg.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

Back
Top Bottom