• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keymod rails

i have rifles with both systems - keymod and mlok. i am of the opinion that keymod is superior but only because it takes a lot less time to get the accessory locked up on the rail.

having said that, i'm about ready to ditch both systems and go straight picatinny every where.

I've got keymod and pic rails. I like the light weight of the keymod and not having cheese graters all over the front. The PWS picked is the best of both worlds IMHO for most users. being able to attach keymod in different places as well as pic rail in the front is ideal. 95% of the stuff I would want to attach would be near the front.

I played with a keymod bipod quick release recently and will get one shortly. beats having to stack stuff up to attach something to my rails. when I got my PWS and wanted to mount the bipod on the front it was the pic rail, then a quick release then the bipod mount and bipod. WTF. Now it's just keymod rail, keymod bipod quick release and bipod.

from talking to a bunch of manufacturers sounds like both systems will be around for a while. While MLok is supported by MagPul, that's enough to keep it around and tends to be found on most entry level guns, most of the mid to higher end companies like the KeyMod system and find it's a more solid attachment. I haven't played with MLok, so I don't know, but I"m happy with my KeyMod and will buy more.

Back
Top Bottom